Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
No Image Browse or Upload Button

jballotti
Guru

Total Posts:  339
Chicago area

I just recently upgraded a live site from version 1.1.6 to 1.2.0.1. Everything seems to be working fine except that when I go to add a new product and click on the Images tag there are no “browse” or “upload files” buttons on the page. I’ve attached a PDF file with a screen capture of what I’m getting. Can anyone tell me how to fix this???????????

File Attachments
NoBrowseButton.pdf  (File Size: 38KB - Downloads: 1104)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

zeropresence

Total Posts:  4

Try upgrading to the newest version of flash player. We had A LOT of flash version issues with the product image upload feature in older Magento versions and it was all based on flash player versions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nath

Total Posts:  28

As zeropresence said, there was a lot of trouble regarding flash players. It turned out it was the upgrade of flash 9 to 10, i downgraded back to 9 and it solved the issues I was having. Hopefuly the same can be said for yourself.

Nathan

Magento Community
Magento Community

jballotti
Guru

Chicago area

Nath - 12 January 2009 05:02 AM

As zeropresence said, there was a lot of trouble regarding flash players. It turned out it was the upgrade of flash 9 to 10, i downgraded back to 9 and it solved the issues I was having. Hopefuly the same can be said for yourself.

Nathan

Nathan,

First let me thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. However, I’m having a problem understanding how the version of the flash player installed could be causing this problem. The problem is occurring on several different computers with different operating systems and different Flash players installed. Why would the version of the Flash player installed cause the buttons to just vanish? That just doesn’t make any sense to me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

eric t

Total Posts:  18

Magento 1.1.6 required Flash 9.0 for uploads.  There was a security bug identified in Flash 9.  It required a rework of the code and broke the upload feature in Magento.  So brings us up to date… the fix for Flash should be in 1.2.1 and now can use the latest approved Flash version.  However, this probably will break if you still use the outdated Version 9 of Flash. 

I would just upgrade one of the computers to see if that will solve your issues.  It seemed very trivial, but really caused some serious issues with our stores. 

Good luck.
e.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jballotti
Guru

Chicago area

eric t - 12 January 2009 01:45 PM

Magento 1.1.6 required Flash 9.0 for uploads.  There was a security bug identified in Flash 9.  It required a rework of the code and broke the upload feature in Magento.  So brings us up to date… the fix for Flash should be in 1.2.1 and now can use the latest approved Flash version.  However, this probably will break if you still use the outdated Version 9 of Flash. 

I would just upgrade one of the computers to see if that will solve your issues.  It seemed very trivial, but really caused some serious issues with our stores. 

Good luck.
e.

Okay, I can understand needing flash to upload files but I can’t understand why the “Browse for files” button and the “Upload files” button is no longer a part of the page. I have the most recent version of the Flash player (10.x.x.x) installed on my computer but the images page when trying to create a new product or edit an existing product simply no longer displays the two buttons. Can anyone tell be where those buttons come from in the code?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jballotti
Guru

Chicago area

I just wanted to add a note to say that I did fix this problem and it had nothing to do with the Flash player on my local machine. Apparently when I upgraded the site not every file got upgraded. What I did to fix it was to manually a bunch of files from my local copy of 1.2.0 to the server. The files I uploaded were all in the app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml directory.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AllynWA

Allyn, WA

This seems to be a common problem with lots of different forum names to it, but no real solutions or even troubleshooting steps. The problem started (for me) at 1.2.1.2 after upgrading.

I have an IE7 client computer that can see the Upload/Remove buttons on the Product Image page fine, so I know/think the installation is correct.

But I have two other client computers that can’t see these buttons - one is using IE7 and the other is using Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and IE7 (my dev machine).

I just upgraded to 1.3.0 to see if that fixed the issue and it does not, although I no longer get the ac_RunActiveContent.js error or the ‘Flex’ object is undefined errors anymore in the client browser.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

AllynWA

Allyn, WA

Okay, after putting a network trace on it, the Magento application requests a content type of ‘application/javascript’ for all of the upload buttons on the Manage Products -> Product -> images tab. My firewall was set to allow ‘application/x-javascript’, and was stripping the other content requests.

When I added an “allow” rule for content type ‘application/javascript’ all worked fine in all browser types.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AYG Romania

Total Posts:  17
Conatsnta

Found another solution. The upload_max_filesize in php.ini was set to 0 and no file could be uploaded.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrozaq

Total Posts:  4

I would like to renew the issue. I have done all above steps and I still can’t see “upload” and “browse files” buttons. I just add that I am using 1.4.1.1 version and I lost them after this thread -> htaccess for magento in subdirectory

Magento Community
Magento Community

WiseManW

Total Posts:  16

I cant see buttons too.

I had to install dull uploader module to be able to see the 2 buttons in images upload section - but it is not the way to fix things. I have fresh 1.4.1 magento and I haven’t alter new code much so I don’t know why I can’t see the upload buttons. Looking for solution…

Magento Community
Magento Community

micksatana

Total Posts:  3
Bangkok, Thailand

For my case, I was using Nginx and the .swf not definded in nginx.conf so it’s not accessible.

So you might want to look for this nginx config and put swf into it.

location ~* ^.+.(jpg|jpeg|gif|css|png|js|ico|swf)$ {
        root          $your_web_root
;

access_log    off;

expires       30d;
}

Magento Community
Magento Community

MNobre

I would like to renew the issue. I can’t see “upload” and “browse files” buttons when on Images. I am using 1.6.1 version, and I’ve tried on Chrome, IE and Firefox, I have an updated Flash version… what to do next? Really need some help here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MNobre

godutra - 09 December 2008 09:00 AM

Olá a todos,

Notei que a versão 1.1.8 tem um bug. Botão para Upload de imagens de produtos não aparece.

Para resolver este problema, abra o arquivo magento\app\design\adminhtml\default\default\template\media\uploader.phtml e retire os comentários das linhas 35 e 36:

<?php /* echo $this->getBrowseButtonHtml() */ ?>
<?php /* echo $this->getUploadButtonHtml() */ ?>

O resultado será:

<?php echo $this->getBrowseButtonHtml() ?>
<?php echo $this->getUploadButtonHtml() ?>

Li também em alguns posts que o Upload de imagens não funciona com o Flash Player 10, mas não pude confirmar este problema pois uso o Flash Player 9.

Abraços,

Guilherme.

Had the same problem using Magento 1.6.1.0 (with Chrome, IE, Firefox), button to locate images and upload them doesn’t show up, did exactly as indicated above and… worked like charm!! Tks Guilherme, solution still valid!

Magento Community
Magento Community

doker88

Total Posts:  2

I was hopeful the last post would solve the issue, but still nothing.  I’d appreciate any help on this issue as we are running out of ideas.

cheers,
D

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2