Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Frontend Customer Login not working! 

husby

Total Posts:  72
Roseville, MN

I am setting up a new magento site for the first time.  I installed v1.2.0 and upgraded recently to v1.2.0.1.  When I try to create a new customer by registering on the frontend, everything seems to go through just fine, the confirmation email gets sent, and the customer appears in the backend list of customers.  However, I cannot log in using the email and password that I used to create the customer.  I cannot recover the password, because it says the email does not exist.  In the administration area, if I click on the customer record, it gives an error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setDisabled() on a non-object in /***/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Customer/Edit/Tab/Account.php on line 57

Since this is an out-of-the-box installation with one upgrade to v1.2.0.1 and two addons (Mage_Navadmin & Product_Gallery_Importer), I don’t understand why this would be broken.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

husby

Roseville, MN

I’ve searched this forum over and over as well as the bug reporting system and can’t find any reference to this issue.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Magento Community
Magento Community

husby

Roseville, MN

Just FYI, line 57 is

$form->getElement('website_id')->setDisabled('disabled');

and in context, is surrounded by:

if ($customer->getId()) {
            $form
->getElement('website_id')->setDisabled('disabled');

$form->getElement('created_in')->setDisabled('disabled');

else {
            $fieldset
->removeField('created_in');

}

It looks like some issue with the website store configuration or something, but I only have one site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

husby

Roseville, MN

I’ve got it partially working now - by setting “Share Customer Accounts” to global in the admin configuration, I am able to register and log in.  However, if I go to “Manage Customers” and click on a record, I still get the same error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setDisabled() on a non-object in /***/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Customer/Edit/Tab/Account.php on line 57

Magento Community
Magento Community

MinglongLi

Total Posts:  5

Is the ‘customer_form_attribute’ table empty ??, I have solved it , just run the sql file attached.

File Attachments
customer_form_attribute.sql  (File Size: 8KB - Downloads: 62)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community