Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Deleting Products - Expected response code 200, got 404

Smokersroom

Total Posts:  63

Since upgrading to 1.2.0.1, my admin site is giving me an error whenever I try and:

a) Delete products
b) Add products to Google Base

Expected response code 200, got 404

This is after finishing all prep on my site, bug fixing the crap from Magento Connect upgrades, putting payment systems live, and then trying to remove the test products ready for launch today. It seems that on other threads no-one has a solution apart from ‘Reinstall your Backups’.

Well, frankly my Backups are riddled with bugs that I’ve just spent hours fixing!

Amy help much appreciated!

S.

Image Attachments
Picture.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

laserbeam

Total Posts:  28

The error “Expected response code 200, got 400” only occurs when adding product to Google Base in my case.  I have no problem to delete products from Categories.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Smokersroom

Strange - I get both errors.

S.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Incognito
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Michigan

I have the same problem.  I have multiple store fronts that all have different google accounts.  When I set up the google account for the new store it will work at first but then stops working.  I have found some things saying that google will send a 404 error if the item was posted to the wrong category ex. a car to products when it belongs in the vehicles category.  I am sure that I am posting to products. Some people have also been saying that google could have restricted the account, but I contacted them and they refered me to the google base api group. 

Could it be that if you try and add a product incorrectly, ex. a description that is too long, google blocks your account?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Smokersroom

Google now works fine, but I’m still not able to delete products! Aaaaargh!

Magento Community
Magento Community

pixelpusher

Total Posts:  135
SoCal

I get this error when trying to edit products with one attribute type. Products with other attribute types work fine. In my case they’ve all been simple products with a certain attribute type. the edits still happen, but I get the error code instead of saying that the edit was successful.

- for the people getting this problem with google base, it could be because your base items and the active google base items are different. Try to synchronize your items (many will be deleted if they’re not active on google base) after that you should get proper response codes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anjanesh

Total Posts:  136
Mumbai, India

I get this error when trying to edit products with one attribute type. Products with other attribute types work fine. In my case they’ve all been simple products with a certain attribute type. the edits still happen, but I get the error code instead of saying that the edit was successful.

- Same here - has this by any chance solved ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lsujoe

Total Posts:  31

I am having the same issue too.  I am getting this message when deleting products and when updating some products.  Would love to hear if anyone has any clue on how to fix this!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

botaseltio.com.mx

Total Posts:  26
Guadalajara, Jalisco. México.

Hi i update my magento 1.1.6 to 1.2.0. But i try to add prodcuts in manage products and show error processing your request.

WarningInvalid argument supplied for foreach()  in /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/catalog/product/tab/inventory.phtml on line 130
Trace
:
#0 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/catalog/product/tab/inventory.phtml(130): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/home/wwbotamx/...', 130, Array)
#1 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include('/home/wwbotamx/...')
#2 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
#3 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#4 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#5 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Product/Edit/Tabs.php(84): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#6 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(199): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Catalog_Product_Edit_Tabs->_prepareLayout()
#7 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(444): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->setLayout(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout))
#8 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(229): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->addBlock('Mage_Adminhtml_...', 'product_tabs')
#9 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(195): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateBlock(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#10 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(200): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#11 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(295): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#12 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(223): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#13 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php(227): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayout(Array, true, true)
#14 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php(215): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->loadLayout(Array)
#15 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(367): Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_ProductController->editAction()
#16 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(143): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('edit')
#17 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(158): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#18 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/app/Mage.php(457): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#19 /home/wwbotamx/public_html/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#20 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kana Cuban Coffee Roasters

Total Posts:  22

We are having the same problem.  I deleted the item off google base today and I removed the login information since I did not want to use the service anymore but now i can’t get rid of the product.  I get “Unable to connect to Google Base. Please, check Account settings in configuration.Error: Please set your Google credentials before trying to authenticate” which is because i removed the login info which was kicking back a “Expected response code 200, got 400” error.  For now i relabeled the product and made a new one which is a temporary fix.  Any other suggestions?  Maybe a SQL delete or something?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mediagang

Total Posts:  111
Leeds UK

I did what pixelpusher suggested and this worked for me. thanks

EDIT:

Ok, i have also noticed that i have the 404 error when trying to delete or update certain products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tradiArt
Guru

Total Posts:  379

Hello!

Now I’m getting:

Expected response code 200got 404 Service not found

But I don’t have ANY product in my google base. So following this suggestion:

pixelpusher - 17 February 2009 09:26 AM

- for the people getting this problem with google base, it could be because your base items and the active google base items are different. Try to synchronize your items (many will be deleted if they’re not active on google base) after that you should get proper response codes.

It’s a bit difficult for me. Has anybody discovered why this is happening?

Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

bob2501

Total Posts:  2

i have also a problem when deleting a product ...

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community