Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

2 fields of VAT number in 1.7

PieterC

Total Posts:  19
Belgium

Hello all,

After configuring the new Magento 1.7 CE, I was a bit suprised to see this behaviour:

When activating the new EU VAT ID Validation, there is an option to show the VAT Number on Frontend. You can find it in “System>Config>Customers>Customer Configuration>Create New account options: Show VAT Number on Frontend”
When setting this option to Yes, a new VAT field appeared in the checkout (not on the registration page: /customer/account/create/)

However,
Magento already has a VAT field from the previous versions. You can find this Tax/VAT field in “System>Config>Customers>Customer Configuration>Name and Address Options:Show Tax/VAT Number”. Activating this, will activate a VAT field on the registration page: /customer/account/create/

When activating both you can end up with 2 VAT fields in your checkout when a customer wants to make an account during checkout. See the attached screenshot.

My question now is: why should we use the VAT number in the Name&Address;Options config? I see no more added value..
Is there any? (besides showing it on the registration page..)

Thx,
Pieter Caluwaerts

Image Attachments
Magento-Checkout-vat-numbers.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MichalL

Total Posts:  14
Kraków

I have simillar problem.
Check http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=13504
They say that \"VAT is related to address by design\” - I quess it means that old VAT field, related to customer rather than to billing address, is deprecated.
So simply disable it…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community