Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Redirect to cart after shipping methods in checkout are showed

maarlin

Total Posts:  8

Hi,
I have a small problem after upgrade from 1.1.6 to 1.2.0.1.
When I want to choose any shipping method in checkout process, I’m redirected to /checkout/cart.
I think Magento use the “failure variable” in /app/design/frontend/*/*/template/checkout/onepage.phtml ->

var checkout = new Checkout(accordion,{
        progress
'<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/progress') ?>',

review'<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/review') ?>',

saveMethod'<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/saveMethod') ?>',

failure'<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/cart') ?>'}

);
The question is: Why does Magento redirect me to “failure URL”??

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tyoyang

Total Posts:  5

i meet the same problem

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sonassi

Total Posts:  217
Manchester, UK

Hi,

We are tracking redirect issues here: http://www.sonassi.com/knowledge-base/random-redirect-to-homepage-with-magento/

Perhaps it can be of some help (even though its months late!).

Magento Community
Magento Community

rickert

Total Posts:  47

Same problem here. Any solutions yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

rickert

Total Posts:  47

I checked out the first suggested solution for a missing Com.php file and this works like a charm! Thanks Sonassi.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sonassi

Total Posts:  217
Manchester, UK

No problems - we’re here to help wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anduin

Total Posts:  9

Hello, i can’t clear that problem

May some idea?!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryan_shuhart

Total Posts:  2

I had a similar problem when I upgraded from 1.4.1 to 1.6.1. I spent hours upon hours looking for a solution on here. No one had it so I want to share what I found.

Problem: After pressing the “place order” button you would get redirected to the shopping cart with your item still in the cart. The credit card was charged but nothing showed up in the admin and no confirmation emails were sent out.

Solution: I came across this error -
Undefined offset: 1 in app/code/core/Mage/Paygate/Model/Authorizenet.php on line 1251
What was happening was the array was missing a character. I couldn’t tell you why. Replace the character and it works.

I really need to give credit to John from Tranquilblue. He was such an enormous help. He is really the one who found the error and fixed it for me. I suggest you give him a call if your about to have a heart attack over this like I was.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jacdesigner

Total Posts:  5

ryan_shuhart - 26 October 2011 12:22 PM

I had a similar problem when I upgraded from 1.4.1 to 1.6.1. I spent hours upon hours looking for a solution on here. No one had it so I want to share what I found.

Problem: After pressing the “place order” button you would get redirected to the shopping cart with your item still in the cart. The credit card was charged but nothing showed up in the admin and no confirmation emails were sent out.

Solution: I came across this error -
Undefined offset: 1 in app/code/core/Mage/Paygate/Model/Authorizenet.php on line 1251
What was happening was the array was missing a character. I couldn’t tell you why. Replace the character and it works.

I really need to give credit to John from Tranquilblue. He was such an enormous help. He is really the one who found the error and fixed it for me. I suggest you give him a call if your about to have a heart attack over this like I was.

One of our client sites has been experiencing this same behavior, but only intermittently.  It seems to happen only in IE 8 browser so far.  The strange thing is that no recent updates or upgrades have been made, and some orders are successful in general without errors.  Any more insight as to what causes this type of issue to begin with?  Thanks for the lead - we are looking at the gateway module.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community