Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Backout of Install for PHP4

Baybee

Total Posts:  61

Hi - I installed Magento a few days ago and yesterday was notified by my host that they have upgraded to PHP5.2.  I did a reverse of the directions for running on PHP4, but it doesnt work, I get a 404 error.  Should I just remove and reinstall it all over again?  Is there a simpler way than deleting the whole thing?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Hi, you should not need to delete the whole thing.

Probably apache configuration change too, and it doesn’t include mod_rewrite, while you have enabled usage of it.

In 0.7.14800, to disable usage of mod_rewrite, you will have to edit app/etc/local.xml and set <use_script_name>true</use_script_name>

If you wish to go though installation wizard again, remove app/etc/local.xml
If you’d like to start with clean database, just remove all Magento tables from your database, and Magento will recreate them during installation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Baybee

Thank you! smile

Did everything said, got a 500 error.  Did a few suggestions that came from the forums here,and still 500 error.  :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

Baybee

Bump…

I really want to find an ecommerce solution for my needs, as I’m tired of paying people at creloaded money and not getting the promised outcome in return.  (IE:  their SEO URLS add on which I paid for, wont work on one of my websites, but works on the other and both run exactly the same software and on the same server). 

I’ve worked long and hard on getting my 2 stores to the point they are at now.  I could really use the Multiple stores feature and also the pricing tier structure that Magento is offering, not to mention being about to customize the look of my store without paying $200 for a template.  I’ve customized both my current stores that I have to what they are now… but that is about as far as I can get with them. 

I am just tired of what seems like non-support with Creloaded (as I cant even post a support ticket on their website).  Looking for a better solution and a better community.

Any help in at least getting this thing to run without the CGI would be appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community