Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Not sure if Fontis_Australia Extension is working properly. 

glenr8

Total Posts:  8

Hi,

I am trying to figure out if the Australia Extension from Fontis is working as it should. I have followed all the instructions for setting it up.

I have a test product that weighs 200 grams. It’s price is $17.00, and I am posting it to Sydney, Miranda 2228 from Sydney, Five Dock 2046. It is saying shipping is $14.85 standard. But when I go to the Australia Post website for a postage calculation it says around $6.00....

I don’t want to launch the site until I am 100% sure it is functioning correctly.

Does this scenario sound like there’s something configured wrong?

Cheers,

Glen

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageAustralia

Total Posts:  37
Sydney, Australia

Hi Glen,

You didn’t mention if you’re talking about Eparcel or Australia Post but Eparcel doesn’t use the Auspost API, so I am assuming you’re talking about Australia post. The price you’re seeing certainly seems too high. When I’ve had to troubleshoot this, what I do is

app/code/community/Fontis/Australia/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Australiapost.php

Go to Line 316 that looks like this

Mage::log('Using fopen URL wrappers'null'fontis_australia.log');

Mage::log('Using fopen URL wrappers'null'fontis_australia.log');
Mage::log($url);

Then look in your var/log/system.log for something like: http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?.........

Grab the whole URL and enter it in your browser and check which variables seem incorrect so that you are getting the value you are receiving. You may find the your “Shipping Settings” doesn’t have the correct postcode or location set so that it thinks it’s being sent from a location other than where it’s being sent from.

Magento Community
Magento Community

shine_mm

Total Posts:  14
Sydney

Hi Guys,
Can anyone confirm if the Australia extension is compatible with CE Magento ver. 1.5.1.0

http://www.fontis.com.au/magento/extension/australia-extension

thanks in advance

T

Magento Community
Magento Community

Admina21

Total Posts:  35

After installing the Fontis Australia extension for Magneto the comparison feed generators were not working correctly.  Your detail also appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community