Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Importing Woes

emagine

Total Posts:  36

If I import from a rule in the import area, I have the option to choose either ‘default settings’ or the ‘english store’. If I choose to import into the english store, nothing shows up on my products listing, either in ‘all stores’ or ‘english store’.

When I import witht he profile set tyo ‘default’, the products all are imported with no problems, and are listed under ‘all stores’ in the admin product listing.

The problem is I found that in order to tag a product to a category, and indeed have it show up on the site, I need them in the English Store. My questions are then:

1. Is there any way to use the import to pull the products into multiple stores, or is this necessary?
2. Is there anything I can set up in the config to make it so the products show up when imported into the English Store?
3. Is there a way to move products from one listing to another (ie another store), in a batch, without having to click into all of them individually?

I see the real benefit of the importing, but not if you have to go in and click and enter them in all again. Seems to defeat the purpose.

All things are ticked as well on import, active, show in catalogue, etc. Any pointers would be great.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

emagine

Total Posts:  36

I have further explored this. If I import a product, add it through the import process to the English Store, then duplicate it to test, it didn’t show in the cataloge.

If I add a new product altogether and don’t choose a store, it doesnt show.

If I go back to the same product, and choose english store, it asks to copy from default. Then it shows up in my catalogue.

What is the process, because I don’t want to have to import everything into the default store, then go through it and pick at each entry to re-select the english store?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community