Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
Fatal Error ading productos to the cart

guillaume7684

Total Posts:  241

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem but I don’t want to apply the modification of Daynos, because if one day I want to add an other store !!!!!

Who can help me?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

guillaume7684

Hello,

I don’t understand because I don’t have the error message on INTERNET EXPLORER, only with FIREFOX !!!!

Could somebody explain that?

Magento Community
Magento Community

guillaume7684

Hello,

I solved the problem when I removed the cookies of FIREFOX.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Luke Berg

Total Posts:  8

Having the same problem, for us it happened when a user added particular products to their cart - and usually bundled products.  Anyways, the user can’t view their cart or place any orders now, and if we try to delete the item from the users cart, we get the same error, so we’re stuck.  Any word from Magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

guillaume7684

Hello,

Did you try to clean the cookies?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Luke Berg

Total Posts:  8

No, but I don’t think that’s it, because I’ve tried it on multiple computers and multiple browsers (even ones that have never accessed our Store before) and there is always the same issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Robert Vining

Total Posts:  10
Friendswood, TX

This is still an issue in 1.2.1.2

I did clear my cache and the error went away, but so did the product in the cart. I went ahead and made the hack suggested on the previous page of this post just to ensure it doesn’t happen to a visitor to the store…

Magento Community
Magento Community

AlDeHyDe

Total Posts:  22

Unfixxed in the version 1.2.1.2....
When will it bugs be Fixed?

My 1.1.4 is stable ... my 12.1.2 is have bugs ... search the error ....

Magento Community
Magento Community

airban

Total Posts:  34

I’m having the same problem, can’t add anything to cart, just a different line:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getItemsCollection() on a non-object in /home/valuegol/domains/valuegolf.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address.php on line 197

Can anyone help? We are live and I’m desperate here. We haven’t upgraded or made any changes, this just happened out of nowhere.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jon Edwards

Total Posts:  29

I had the same problem. Same deal as you, just happened out of nowhere. What’s weird is that I have been receiving orders, so I know it’s not affecting all of my customers, but it makes me nervous to think about how many potential sales I’m losing from customers that ARE getting this error.

I was getting this error on 2 different PCs using Firefox and IE7.  Seems like a MAJOR problem that the Varien team needs to address. I used the “hack” suggested by Daynos earlier in this thread and it seemed to fix it for my pcs. This doesn’t seem like a good fix because when I finally get around to upgrading to 1.3.0, I’m guessing that this will be overwritten.

Does anyone know if 1.3.0 fixes this? Any other issues that I should know before I upgrade from my current 1.2.0.2 to 1.3.0?  Upgrading always makes me nervous.

Magento Community
Magento Community

airban

Jon

Did you get the same error message I did? Line 197?

I tried the Daynos fix and it didn’t seem to work, unless I did something wrong.

My developer can’t figure out the fix either. I’m desperate here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jon Edwards

Total Posts:  29

airban,

sorry man, I didn’t ready your post fully. No, my error was on line 209 like Daynos mentioned. Looks like yours is something else.

Wish I could help ya, but I think I know as much about the inner workings of magento as you. Hopefully someone here can help you.

Good luck,

Jon

Magento Community
Magento Community

airban

No problem - hopefully someone in the know sees this thread.

Magento Community
Magento Community

3rdRock

Total Posts:  47

This problem still exists in 1.3.1.

It seems to only occur on some configurable products when they are added to a cart that already exists. At least that’s how it seems to be with my testing. If I have items in my user cart, but I’m adding items to my cart before logging in, I get the white screen of death when I login on the checkout page. I think this is why if we clear cookies the problem goes away. Another way to clear the error seems to be to visit the customer account page first then goto the checkout page. Not sure what happens there, but something is clearly not handled correctly in Item.php

Jon Edwards - 06 April 2009 08:15 AM

I had the same problem. Same deal as you, just happened out of nowhere. What’s weird is that I have been receiving orders, so I know it’s not affecting all of my customers, but it makes me nervous to think about how many potential sales I’m losing from customers that ARE getting this error.

I was getting this error on 2 different PCs using Firefox and IE7.  Seems like a MAJOR problem that the Varien team needs to address. I used the “hack” suggested by Daynos earlier in this thread and it seemed to fix it for my pcs. This doesn’t seem like a good fix because when I finally get around to upgrading to 1.3.0, I’m guessing that this will be overwritten.

Does anyone know if 1.3.0 fixes this? Any other issues that I should know before I upgrade from my current 1.2.0.2 to 1.3.0?  Upgrading always makes me nervous.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsj3
Guru

Total Posts:  521
Portland, OR

I’m having this problem too in 1.3.2.1. I have a configurable product which causes this fatal error when added to the cart.

Fatal error: Call to a member function getStoreId() on a non-object in /home/will/domains/growandmake.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Item.php on line 214

If anyone discovers a fix let us know.

FOLLOW-UP: After closing out my browser I went back and added the product to my cart again. This time it didn’t cause the error until I closed the browser and relaunched where the item was displayed in the cart on the left side of the page with the same error.

FURTHER FOLLOW-UP: I performed the hack described in this thread, which seems to be working. I really don’t want to leave this hack because I know at some point it will come back to create other problems. Varien please investigate and fix this.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3