Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Customizing product detail page

rkiss

Total Posts:  13

Hi,

I would like to find out how Magento can be custimzed to do the following:

Example: http://sticksnstoneshp.com/products/index.cfm?product_id=3

The example url shows a detailed product page where a customer can customize their product…

One of the options is Dimensions:

I was not able to figure out how I can use Magento to display Dimensions options as seen in the url example:

- I know that I can use Attributes to create dimensions A to Z (single text values)...and organize the layouyt via attribute set....however, for the drop down customer selection Dimensions (in the url example: Dimension Y and Z)...how I can I control the layout (the way it is displayed) of the product detail page so all Dimensions values/options are grouped together as seen in the url example?

Your suggesions are much appreciated.

Regards,

Roman

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hi.
You need to use configurable products.
The out-of-the-box layout is really basic, but you can modify your theme to get differents results.
One of the most commented behaivor on Magento, is the color picker.

You can look the last implementation of our vision of the color picker at: http://www.pruneshop.com/cintos/cinturon-de-cuero-liso-con-caladuras.html

The example that you post, has more attributes, but I think that is possible.

--
Damián

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community