Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Installing Multi Site

williamed

Total Posts:  2

I am setting up Magento for two separate domains. I want to install two separate versions of Wordpress on each site, so I followed Magento’s advice for a “Multiple Website Setup with Different Document Roots”: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/multi-store_set_up/multiple_website_setup_with_different_document_roots

• I have installed Magento at /public_html and that version is working for the first site.
• I have created another folder called public_html/bluewidgets.com.br/ and I have pointed bluewidgets.com.br there.
• I have a version of the .htaccess file and the index.php file at public_html/bluewidgets.com.br

index.php file changes:

$compilerConfig MAGENTO_ROOT '/includes/config.php';
$mageFilename '/home/bluewidgets/public_html/app/Mage.php';
$mageRunCode = isset($_SERVER['MAGE_RUN_CODE']) ? $_SERVER['MAGE_RUN_CODE':      'bluewidgets_com_br';
$mageRunType = isset($_SERVER['MAGE_RUN_TYPE']) ? $_SERVER['MAGE_RUN_TYPE''website';

.htaccess changes:

RewriteBase /bluewidgets\.com\.br/

At this point I feel I am possibly making a mistake with the .htaccess file. When I comment out the line above, all of the pages load but the theme and images don’t work. When I run the code below, the homepage loads but nothing else.

I am also wondering if I possibly need to make a change to the configuration of the theme. So far I haven’t.

Please could you suggest what I could try?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

williamed

Total Posts:  2

The second domain was stored in a folder with periods in the domain (public_html/bluewidgets.com.br), so I changed that and everything seems to work. But I also had to change the base skin url, media URL and base javascript url to match the first domain (http://bluewidgets.com/skin/).

So at the moment images on bluewidgets.com.br are on the bluewidgets.com domain. Is there any way to solve this? Do I need to copy the files on bluewidgets.com and place them in the bluewidgets.com.br folder in my hosting account?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community