Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

admin form doesn’t be able to forwarding in backend since version 1.2

sanduleak

Total Posts:  8

I have create an admin form witch is described with

<form id="edit_form" name="edit_form" method="post" action="<?=$this->getUrl('*/*/post')?>">

since version 1.2 its not be able to sending it to admin/my_controller/post to my controller class with method post

method post should be called wenn I click the button but nothing is gonna happen when I clicked it

<button onclick="editForm.submit()" class="scalable save" type="button"><span><?=$this->__('Submit form'?></span></button>

in version 1.1.3 all of my modules are working fine

What is the problem in the new version that forms with this method of executing are don’t work?
How can I execute my own forms and save my fields in the magento database in my own table?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pthomsen

Total Posts:  6
Palo Alto, CA, USA

We’re seeing the same problem with a form we’re using (Sebastian Enzinger’s order export). This form worked beautifully in 1.1.8, but in 1.2 it doesn’t work at all.

Does anyone have a solution/workaround for this?

Thanks,
Per

Magento Community
Magento Community

sanduleak

Total Posts:  8

Hi,
you have to set form_key variable in that form
<input name="form_key" type="hidden" value="<?php echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey() ?>” />

So it will work fine. I don’t no why to have to do this. I have been said that

Magento Community
Magento Community

phill54

Total Posts:  1

i encountered the same problem and sanduleak’s solution to the problem worked fine for me! thanks! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community