Magento Forum

How to import multiple images and categories with csv in magento Enterprice ? 

jayanta_88

Total Posts:  1

I’ve installled the extension for multiple images and categories and was unable to import images. please any suggestion.

Thanks & Regards.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

macbeven

Total Posts:  4

To insert category name, you need to create “categories“ column in your products import CSV file. Please remove “category_ids” column from products import CSV file. Then on insert categories name under categories column.

To insert multiple images, you need create “gallery “column in your products import CSV file.
Under this column enter images name separated by semicolon ( ; ) .You have to put all the images in media/import directory folder.
After you do this changes uploaded your CSV File and Click on Run Profile in Popup. This way you will be able to upload multiple images and categories.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nossa_lossa

Total Posts:  14

Hi there! I’d recommend you to check your csv requirements. As it is very importan for smoth import.

Hope it helpes

Magento Community
Magento Community

maryb21

Total Posts:  24

Hi,
so that’s pretty easy.
You should have the corresponding columns in your file. Actually, if you have several images, you can either put all of them in one field, separated by a delimiter
e.g. “/image_1.jpg|/image_2.jpg”
| is a delimiter of course.
Or you can create a column for each image,
e.g. Additional image 1, Additional image 2 and so on

Now that you have FTP’ed the images into the corresponding folder in your store and provided their names or full URLs in the file, you can import them to your store.
I personally use file2cart as it’s easier and almost errorless, which can’t be told about Magento admin (at least for me)
So what I need to do here is just provide a file, target store url and map the fields properly. Then it imports all the products and images and that’s it.
Here’s a detailed instruction on mapping and everything I’ve already told: http://bit.ly/VwWnC0

Hope this somehow helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MaximilianR

Total Posts:  8

There is a free extension called Magmi that can do all types of imports fantastically and there is nothing it can\’t do. There should be no reason to pay for any extensions to handle product imports of any kind in Magento - and if there is a reason not to use Magmi and pay for an extension, then please excuse me. Otherwise you can find the free Magmi extension on sourceforge and here a tutorial to import multiple images and categories, but you can find those instructions on your Magmi dashboard as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community