Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to Assign Product to tags?? 

proteam4

Total Posts:  23

Hi,

I have created some tags from Admin Panel (Catalog -> Tags -> All Tags -> Add New Tag), but I am not able to assign product to my tags. In my store I have disabled the customer login facility. All guest users can place order. But magento doesn’t allow guest users to add tags for products.

I am using Magento 1.1.6, Please tell me,

1. How can I assign products to tags which are created from Admin Panel?
2. and How to allow “Tagging” for guest users?

Thanks,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tomakun

Total Posts:  77

Same issue here, could anybody please help and tell us how to assign a tag to a product from the backend ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

loeffel
Guru

Total Posts:  427

Is it even possible to enable tags for guests? The backend doesn’t seem to offer an option (while it does for reviews)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magento Support Service

Total Posts:  13

We developed some custom code for a client to be able to assign tags as a guest with incrementing popularity based on viewing the tag page.  It requires 1.4 or greater.  If you want to pm us we could talk about packaging it up for you, unfortunately we cannot release this directly as it was a custom development for a client.

MagSupportNet

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community