Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem with Product Imports

jonpurdie

Total Posts:  68

Hi,

I have a CSV template with a test product on. It says the file is valid when I click import it gives me a “file has succesfully imported!”

When I come to view the product I’ve just imported under “manage products” it isn’t there?

I don’t have a clue why this is happening?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jonpurdie

Anyone encountered this problem before? Really want to start adding some products to my site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mattsexton3

Total Posts:  1

Is your issue with simple products or configurable products?
I’m having the same problem with importing some configurable products.  While most configurable products have imported successfully, a few of them are not showing up in the catalog.

Magento Community
Magento Community

macbeven

Total Posts:  4

This may be due to some product image uploading file size. In coding there might be some issues which have some conditions which shows up that file can be uploaded but cant be viewed above this file size.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonpurdie

I’m trying to import a simple product. The weird thing is when I export some products I already have on the website and change the name etc and re-import the CSV file it still doesn’t show!!!!

This is what I’m getting when I import the products:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i307/Raggoo/import.jpg

(I\’ve attached the template I\’m using for the product import)

File Attachments
Product Import.xls  (File Size: 33KB - Downloads: 37)

Magento Community
Magento Community

margaret_wek

Total Posts:  4

How do you guys import your products? I use automated services and don’t bother about errors. i import products from csv file and update catalogue weekly.  everything is done accurately.  check this for example: www.file2cart.com - might be helpful.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community