Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Send a newsletter to a million addresses? 

JenniferAslan

Total Posts:  20
Pacific Northwest

Our client wants to send a newsletter to a list of at least 1 million email addresses via the newsletter feature in Magento. Is this possible? What kind of server requirements are there for a mailing that large? Is there a maximum number of addresses the system can handle? Is there any tracking data to be viewed after a mailing goes? He wants to do it this way because we built his store in Magento and he doesn’t want to spend a lot of money with a company like Vertical Response.

My hunch is that this is a bad idea, and we’ve told him that. He’s still asking for it, though, so I thought I’d better get some definitive information, “right from the horse’s mouth,” as it were. Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

For this large of client base, I would highly recommend using third party newsletter software.  Magento isn’t necessarily made to be sending high volume lists, but was just designed as an additional function.  There are many thrid-party programs out there that have much more options for you to control, track, and management these lists; and already have the servers configured for the load.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Loic_LC

Total Posts:  194
Paris, France

Any idea on how exactly to do this ?
I couldn’t find any detailed info on the forum or wiki…
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community