Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Simple Product Tier Pricing and Custom Options drop down issue (bug fix?)

adamangel

Total Posts:  5

Hopefully posting in right place and hopefully someone has a fix.  When creating a simple product (style is modern), and doing tier pricing, this works fine with showing the % percentages ex: 20%, 30% discount for the more they buy the more they save.  However, when also adding a custom option like “drop down size of item”, it will change all my tier prices to 100%.  See screenshot.  Looking at the code, the code looks fine where I can see my correct percentages (10%, 20%, 30% etc).  The issue lies when adding a drop down box in the custom options.  Any ideas?

Buy 10 for <span class="price">$18.00</spaneach                                    

and&nbsp;<strong class="benefit">save&nbsp;<span class="percent tier-0">10</span>%
            </
strong>

<
span class="msrp-price-hide-message">
                            </
span>
Image Attachments
volley.gif

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adamangel

Anyone?  Buller?

Magento Community
Magento Community

brandedbrewsky

Total Posts:  2

I am having this same exact issue :(

http://brandedbrewsky.com/store/index.php/5139-libbey-16oz-mixing-glass.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

adamangel

Nice site brewsky!  I’m running 1.7, are you? 

I noticed that if I don’t do a “dropdown” type custom config, then it works fine.  I’m surprised that this is the only thread on this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brandedbrewsky

Yes. 1.7. I had the whole store built then extensions crashed it. So I am making sure I get everything hammered out before I invest time and energy into product info or theme work.  Yeah, I cannot believe no one has ran into this before.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adamangel

Anyone else seeing the issue in magento where you configure a tier price and you only get 100% if you enable the custom options for a drop down selection?  You can see it here:  http://a1embroidery.com/volleyball-tribal.html?SID=a998079fbeeb3adde6b4b014d49564da

Magento Community
Magento Community

Homeplace Group

Total Posts:  4

Facing the same issue as well - Can’t figure out how to fix it. I’ve been digging through the core files (\app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\Block\Product\Abstract.php) and I can see that the code in 1.7 is different there from a copy of 1.3.6 I have saved.... but it seems to be doing the same math.

Since we’re getting a value of 100%, I’m inclined to believe that the $price[’price’] code is returning a value of 0. However, I can’t figure out why. Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

adamangel

Can anyone help us?

Magento Community
Magento Community

awarenessgifts

Total Posts:  1

I, too, am having this exact problem. But there is another problem that goes along with it. When I place a custom product and a regular product from the same tier group into the basket, it changes the pricing on the NON-custom product to the same price as the custom product. For instance, t-shirts are $18.00 with a $2.00 extra charge for size XXL.  If I place a size medium and a size XXL in the basket, it changes the size med to $20.00.

This started happening at the same time I began having the issue that is the subject of this thread so I believe they are related. I would encourage everyone having the “100%” problem to test the issue that I just described.

I cannot launch my website until this is fixed so I’m really hoping that someone will help us soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nagpalanuj

Total Posts:  3

I have proper solution for this problem....

Hire me on my Odesk profile:  https://www.odesk.com/companies/Info-Management_~~6eccf1c0e724ee86

Here is sample: http://brandedbrewsky.com/store/index.php/5139-libbey-16oz-frosted-mixing-glass.html
And you can see in this user in this thread hired me, now problem has resolved.

Looking forward to work with you and assist you with my service.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

WetFlam

Total Posts:  25

Still no resolution other than the guy using a magento bug as his advantage? Supposed to be a open source community. Where the hell is magento in all this???????? They cant chime in on fixing their own product?????? Unbelievable......

Magento Community
Magento Community

WetFlam

Total Posts:  25

Found a temporary solution that appears to be working.

go to /js/varien/product.js

look for

for (var 0this.tierPrices.lengthi++) {

replace with

for (var 3this.tierPrices.lengthi++) {

OR whatever number of tiers you have. I have 3 tiers in my pricing so I changed my var i = 0 to var i = 3 if you have 15 tiers than change the 0 to 15. Only way I was able to get it to work. I’m sure there is something different that can be changed to also work instead of it being distinctive to a particular site but that was the best i could figure out considering I am no coder.

Magento Community
Magento Community

emamaailm

Hi. Same problem here.
Bugs everywhere..

Magento Community
Magento Community

clivio

I would not suggest using the the method of jumping the array to the end of your list of options. If you do this then it is no different from completely commenting out the line anyways. If the array is not able to be processed then it will not adjust for different prices for custom options like colour or size. There must be a problem in the /base/template/catalog/product/view/options.phtml.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rebl00ded

Well, that was a massive pain in the @$$!?  To fix this problem you simply need to remove Math. from ‘product.js’.  You can find it in “your-magento-directory/js/varien/product.js”.  The line in question is: 767; remove ‘Math.’ from that line leaving everything else - it should look like this

el.innerHTML ceil(100 - ((100 price) * tierPrice));
when you’re finished.  Thats it.  It’s all fixed.

Considering the Math. function, in this case, is not rounding, min-ing, or max-ing, it server little to no purpose here.  Javascript can clearly understand ceil(); so I guess I’m not sure why the developers at Magento decided to implement this way.  Either way, if you remove the Math function your tiered pricing should work.

Have a great day!

-Josh

Magento Community
Magento Community

sashatronics

Easy fix, i think i saw it somewere.
But on js/varien/products.js line 748 make changes:

this ---->

for (var 0this.tierPrices.lengthi++) {
tho this ---->