Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento 1.4.1 -> magento 1.7 -> back-end version still 1.4.1? 

dimtank

Total Posts:  13

Hi,

I updated magento 1.41 to 1.7 trough magento connect manager ( few packages has been updated successfully), it worked but in my admin panel I still have at the bottom 1.4.1, is there something else to upgrade the admin back end?

Thanks a lot for your help

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dimtank

hello,

Hope someone can help me to fix that ? or give me an advise ?

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

dimtank

i have this message in my log :

[Mon Jun 04 20:09:41 2012] [error] [client 184.71.179.82] Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /home/torquebr/torquebranding.com/html/irritrolstore/downloader/, referer: https://www.torquebranding.com/irritrolstore/index.php/admin/extensions_custom/index/key/b56f6fd03836e3a5193f52d45861b2cc/

Someone has an idea ?

thanks for your help

Magento Community
Magento Community

subhraonta

Total Posts:  1

Facing a same kind of problem unable to update magento from 1.4.2.0 to 1.7 in my localhost.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Leo77

Total Posts:  10

Hello,

Can advice you an alternative way that I used. I was so sick and tired with all those errors and decided to search for another way. After surfing the internet I found Cart2Cart service. They offer you to migrate data from your current Magento shop to a fresh installation. It is much easier and reasonably priced.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jag1989

Total Posts:  5

I could also do with some help with this.

I’m trying to upgrade from 1.4.1.1 to 1.7, however I have first upgraded to 1.5. Magento Connent/Downloader seems to think its been completed, however in the footer of the backend it still says versions 1.4.1.1. Mage.php also says it is version 1.4.1.1.

Need some guidance on this!

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community