Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Execute a shell command via cron

sylvain38220

Total Posts:  6

Hello,

I wanna make a module to allow my customer to auto import his products via a csv file (which is on his ftp) each X hours. I made a code which download his csv files and which import the products on this csv files. I made a code which auto imports his products via my code each nights at 5 via a cron which looks like (on my server crontab file) :

16 *     * * *     root     wget -T0 -t1 -http://127.0.0.1/magento/Cron_Import_Pixmania_FR.php/?files=11c152c3e2fff22f26f8de42a063e040

This system works but the problem is that I can’t allow my customer to manage his auto import. So I created a module where my customer can enter the hour of the auto import but I don’t know how to configure my magento crontab with this value.

So my question is, how to set a magento cron job by settings hours in parametters, and it is possible to set a wget as a cron job ?

Thanks for your answers,

Have a good week,

Sylvain (Sorry for my english, I’m french :S)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community