Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Reindex categories and products not working

oscpro

Total Posts:  5

I have an issue with the oscommerce import was installed on 1.6.2 and now my url indexer is not working. I can manually add urls to the url management section adn they work. But when reindexing, it does not throw an error in the backend, rather it logs an error in the system log file as seen below:

ERR (3): Warning: Missing argument 1 for Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Url::_getCategories(), called in /includes/src/Mage_Oscommerce_Model_Mysql4_Catalog_Url.php on line 7 and defined in /includes/src/Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Url.php on line 664
ERR (3): Notice: Undefined variable: categoryIds in /includes/src/Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Url.php on line 671
ERR (3): Notice: Undefined variable: categoryIds in /includes/src/Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Url.php on line 672

Line 7 shows this:

return parent::_getCategories();

Now my understanding from the 1st part of the error, the system is not able to pull a parent category id so the indexer stops. I maybe wrong.

If anyone can help with this or tell me how to remove the oscommerce import module, it would be appreciated. I spent all weekend on this to no avail. I tried all of the steps and some other avenues, but nothing works. The indexer works, and comes back real fast and says it indexed, however, nothing in the core url rewrite table. Just the 3 lines in the log file.

If I can fix this variable, or bypass it someway, let me know your thoughts.

If anyone can help with this or tell me how to remove the oscommerce import module, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

oscpro

Ok, update:

I removed:

return parent::_getCategories(); from Mage_Oscommerce_Model_Mysql4_Catalog_Url

Evidently 1.6.2 doesn\’t like this.

Now I get no error message in system log file, but I do get an exception in the exception log file:

2012-05-17T20:43:30+00:00 ERR (3):
exception \’PDOException\’ with message \’SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry \’product/1-1-1\’ for key 3\’ in /includes/src/__default.php:61835

I am not sure which product this is.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oscpro

arabgento

I did not understand your post, can you clarify please?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oscpro

Anyone help here?

Surely someone has experienced this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oscpro

I can’t believe noone has problems with urls not re-writing or that could help me on this issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Hello You can increase backend performance using asynchronous reindex extension. Check this one Fast Asynchronous Re-indexing http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-asynchronous-reindex.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community