Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error with fresh 1.7 install with 1.5 database

klut

Total Posts:  20

Trying to upgrade to 1.7 from 1.5 with a fresh install and get the following error during the install after entering the database details page. any ideas?

Cheers Pete

Error in file: “/home2/klutcom1/public_html/mag17/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/sql/sales_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php” - SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1025 Error on rename of ‘./klutcom1_mag17/#sql-113a1_c4965’ to ‘./klutcom1_mag17/sales_flat_order_item’ (errno: 150)

Trace:
#0 /home2/klutcom1/public_html/mag17/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(645): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /home2/klutcom1/public_html/mag17/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘1.4.0.25’, ‘1.6.0.7’)
#2 /home2/klutcom1/public_html/mag17/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’1.4.0.25’, ‘1.6.0.7’)
#3 /home2/klutcom1/public_html/mag17/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home2/klutcom1/public_html/mag17/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(417): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home2/klutcom1/public_html/mag17/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(343): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 /home2/klutcom1/public_html/mag17/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /home2/klutcom1/public_html/mag17/index.php(87): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#8 {main}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

klut

Any one ??

It seems others have the same error.

Pete

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rajesh Reddy

Total Posts:  31

Please delete the cache before upgrading and make sure u have necessary permissions

Magento Community
Magento Community

klut

Hi
I may not have posted clearly.This error is from a fresh install of 1.7 using my 1.5 database.

Cheers
Pete

Magento Community
Magento Community

jpdewitt

Total Posts:  3

Getting the same error here...any updates on this thread?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ledimeo

Total Posts:  1

I Think I have the same problem ...

Error in file"/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/sql/eav_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php" SQLSTATE[HY000]General error1025 Error on rename of './db_magento/eav_attribute' to './db_magento/#sql2-e71-5c0115' (errno152)
Trace:
#0 /shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(645): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 /shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '0.7.16', '1.6.0.0')
#2 /shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('0.7.16', '1.6.0.0')
#3 /shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(417): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(343): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 /shop/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /shop/index.php(87): Mage::run('', 'store')
#8 {main}

Somebody can help me?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nath

Total Posts:  28

Ive done the same, However I deleted all the 1.7 files and tried to restore using my backup.

My original 1.5 site is there however i can’t select any of my products it just brings up 404 errors.

Magento Community
Magento Community

aaronwallace

Total Posts:  59

Open the /app/etc/config.xml file and change the initStatements note from

<initStatements>SET NAMES utf8</initStatements>

To

<initStatements>SET NAMES utf8SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0;
SET UNIQUE_CHECKS=0;</initStatements>

Magento Community
Magento Community

JKarlsson

Total Posts:  10

Hello,

As an alternative for upgrading you may try to migrate your store. Here is more detailed information. From my own experience I can say that it is much easier and faster than upgrading.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community