We have licensed custom magento code to use Magento as a shopping comparison engine and can offer this to customers as a one time fee. The code can be seen in operation on http://www.quintfashiondirect.com/ where there are over 50,000 products and was developed by some of the leading consultants in the industry.
- Cloaked urls with tracking analysis via Google or Piwik
- Adjustment of code base to use affiliate links and images
- Configuration parameters optimised to comparison sites
- Index management settings optimised for data loading
- Dual caching including file and memcache
- Custom rotating banner management code for homepage and category/product pages
- Disabling of default Magento code including fixed images and unused modules
We normally work with EverestCloud to build the sites on Amazon Web Services (AWS). The advantage of AWS is that you receive free two months of RDS database usage (MySQL) and a free micro tier for one year along with instant access to Memcache and DNS servers, should the site become popular servers can be upscaled in a matter of minutes.