Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

programming with downloadable products

altansar

Total Posts:  51

Hello,

I just have a few programming questions about downloadable products.
As usual Varien didn’t gave us any technical details about a new feature.

So I read the core classes. I found several great functionalities but not how to know if a product is a downloadable one.
When I list products of a category for example, I would like to test if a product is downloadable to display them differently than others.

But I have the feeling that downloadable product has not been implemented as a product type, unlike bundled, grouped or virtual for example. Anyone can help me with that ? Is it possible to have a code like :

<?php if($_product->isDownloadable()): ?>
<a href="<?php $_product->getDownloadLink() ?>" ....</a>
<?php endif ?>

[Disclaimer] This code is just a way to explain what kind of features I wan’t to do, of course those methods doesn’t exist !

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

altansar

Actually I would like to add a feature in my catalog/product/list.phtml .

If a product is a downloadable one, I have a button to directly download it instead of adding to cart.

Anyone as ever dealt with that ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

altansar

Somebody has tried to make code with downloadable products ?

The lack of technical doc is incredible, we can’t deal with new functionalities…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community