Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Help with moving site and general fix ups

ethertech

Total Posts:  4

Hi Guys,

About 4 months ago I approached this forum in need of help with building an extension, A guy emailed me and offered his help for a fee I accepted and paid his fee.

Since then he has built an incomplete template and extension, and now he will not answer my emails (only contact details I had)

Basically I’m now stuck with a half finished site which I have already paid for it.... forums do not usually allow users to slander other but I feel that with the lack of contact and complete disregard for common decency maybe I should…

can some one help me get this site up and running?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

georgeofweb

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

I sent you a PM. Please check and reply.

ethertech - 17 May 2012 07:35 PM

Hi Guys,

About 4 months ago I approached this forum in need of help with building an extension, A guy emailed me and offered his help for a fee I accepted and paid his fee.

Since then he has built an incomplete template and extension, and now he will not answer my emails (only contact details I had)

Basically I’m now stuck with a half finished site which I have already paid for it.... forums do not usually allow users to slander other but I feel that with the lack of contact and complete disregard for common decency maybe I should…

can some one help me get this site up and running?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ethertech

Pm replied to..

So since I put this Thread up 3 days ago magically out of thin air my SQL database has been stripped :/....
well I had hoped it wouldn’t have to get to this, I have now had to remove users and change access passwords to this site, very glad I had changed FTP a long time ago or I fear my site would be a total loss…

Is this a normal thing to happen?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ethertech

Hi guys and girls,

I have managed to move the site ton it’s new location, But the news extension we had installed doesn’t load our home page correctly, I also cannot see it in the Admin section, is there some info I can post up to help you guys help me?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community