Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento 1.7.0 - Checkout problem

Rodrigo Padula

Total Posts:  8

Hello guys,

I updated my magento dev enviroment from 1.6.2 to 1.7 without any problem, warning or error using the Magento Connect update.

The system is working properly by admin or user interface in all tested functions but, when I tried to place an order, when I select the billing adress in the first step and click in the Next button nothing happens.

Reading the JavaScript console using Google Chrome I read the errors

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method ‘get’ of undefined
opcheckout.js:303 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘loadWaiting’ of undefined

Any info about it? How can I fix that?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Senator

Total Posts:  37

I’m also having some trouble with checkout.  My State field has simply disappeared, and the whole billing info/address section looks… unstyled. 

Anybody else having a similar issue or have a possible solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Toby J

Total Posts:  1

I installed the 1.7 upgrade and I am also having issues with the checkout screen.  When I use the checkout templates in my custom theme folder, the checkout screen has broken style and there are no working buttons to click.  When I delete my custom files and use the ones from ‘blank’ theme, the buttons are there and are clickable, but the CSS seems to be missing.  So far I haven’t found the CSS that is needed to fix this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

clorne

Total Posts:  236
London

I have exactly the same problem as Rodrigo Padula - upgrade went fine but on first page of checkout clicking continue button gets the following errors.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method ‘get’ of undefined prototype.js:828
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘loadWaiting’ of undefined opcheckout.js:303

Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hmpierson

Total Posts:  101

\"I’m also having some trouble with checkout.  My State field has simply disappeared, and the whole billing info/address section looks… unstyled.

Anybody else having a similar issue or have a possible solution?\”

Regarding the state field issue:

see:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/index.php/viewthread/279321/#t387449

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rajesh Reddy

Total Posts:  31

check the permission for onepagecheckout.js ....this is very common problem...not only on up gradations ...you will get the same error when u modify the theme and all. This will happen because magento cant find the place to upgrade the progress bar.  Thats why this problem arises.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dodyryda

Total Posts:  7

I’m having problems with the checkout screen too..

magento seems to ignore the billing template in the checkout.xml file completely. If I make changes to the template file billing.phtml they dont appear <block type="checkout/onepage_billing" name="checkout.onepage.billing" as="billing" template="checkout/onepage/billing.phtml"/>

however changes to the shipping.phtml work fine.??? weird anyone know what could cause this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tilzinger

Total Posts:  126

This is an easy fix. I customized my onepage.html template, seems after upgrading to 1.7 the new version of that template has some new CSS classes that my old template did not have. Make sure the “step-title” and “a-item” classes are on the proper divs. Once I added those back the JavaScript error went away and my checkout page started working again.

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s9/sh/2dfb0701-df3a-47f5-9aec-3f1e88332b04/ab15fc5134043a72226c52647eda3294

Magento Community
Magento Community

helmutlangmann

Total Posts:  3

Awesome thanks!! Probably saved me some hours of debugging!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Total Posts:  218
Pasadena, CA

Nice troubleshooting guys.

I can’t wait to build out my feature that automatically detects conflicting changes in the underlying base theme with your custom theme.  It’s going to really help making these kinds of things easier to detect and manage.  Will let you guys know when I have it ready!!  smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

ericschouten

Total Posts:  0

Guys, please give some more details as to which files to change and with what code. I have not reached expert level yet grin
Thanks for your help.
Eric

Magento Community
Magento Community

deserto

Total Posts:  4

that was really a big help, thanx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
clinique dentaire casablanca | ait ben haddou
trekking in morocco | maison d hote de charme

Magento Community
Magento Community

rebeccama

Total Posts:  110

Try using this Fme\’s Extension - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/google-maps-store-locator-1675.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello guys,

We would like to advise you to use LightCheckout extension for your checkout page:

http://www.gomage.com/extensions/gomage-lightcheckout.html

It has a wide range of the features and it supports Magento version 1.8

Magento Community
Magento Community

Charles_MS

Total Posts:  87

With Magento One Page Checkout extension, every problems is solved. Absolutely fit with every version of Magento. All Checkout process bugs, errors is fixed.

Go to: http://magentoonepagecheckout.org/ to discover more!

Maybe you concern: HOW TO RETAIN YOUR CUSTOMERS?

Best!

Magento Community
Magento Community

SurgeMediaAU

Total Posts:  1

Hi All,
I am have having some issues with Ver 1.7.0.2.

I have disabled guest checkout
I have ticked you must be logged in to checkout

but people can press checkout but instead of taking them to the guest check it takes them to an error page.

Basically I don\\\’t want guests to be able to check out at all but i want logged in people to use one page checkout.
I have attached the latest error report if that helps.

Has anyone had this issues?

Kind regards

File Attachments
955621885384.txt  (File Size: 5KB - Downloads: 22)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community