Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Google Checkout problems

Nizumzen

Total Posts:  26

I’m having some issues setting up Google Checkout payment in Magento. My main problems are the secure callback URL and the merchant calculated delivery options.

In the documentation it says that the secure callback URL should be: https://yourserver.com/base_path/index.php/googlecheckout/api which I have put in (minus the base_path bit as the store is installed in the root of the server). But is that all I need to do? I also removed the index.php bit as it said if you have mod_rewrite available you don’t need it. I’m just slightly confused with this.

Also when you use the Google Checkout button the shipping prices do not get added. I use the Royal Mail shipping module and have added the shipping methods that I allow but still I don’t see the prices that you get from clicking the shipping quote button.

Any help is appreciated smile.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Nizumzen

Total Posts:  26

Okay managed to get this setup in the main but I’m still having issues with shipping. What is everyone else’s solution to the problem posted above?

Magento Community
Magento Community

reefnut

Total Posts:  72

As far as I know this issue has not been solved and if it has someone plaese let us know

Magento Community
Magento Community

reefnut

I see some are using google checkout with success now. Has the shipping problem been solved and if so could someone please state how since I am still having the same problem with 1.2.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

ASchroder

Total Posts:  49
New Zealand

I have been able to get the Google Checkout merchant calculated shipping to work on our webstore. If you describe in more detail what is wrong I might be able to suggest ways you can fix it.

Some quick tips to help find out what is wrong:
1) You can check the intergration console in the Google Checkout dashboard.

2) You can check your URL is available by doing:

wget --post-data=blah  # (or your own favourite method of POST'ing)

3) You can view the inbound/outbound Google checkout XML messages in the database table

googlecheckout_api_debug

So for example you might run:

select max(debug_idfrom googlecheckout_api_debug; -- To determine the last message id
then
select from googlecheckout_api_debug where debug_id X\G -- For values of X just under and equal to the max id

(FYI the \G just makes the formatting of the XML a little easier to read from the mysql command line, if you use a graphical tool then that won’t be a problem for you.)

Edit: I wrote these instructions more completely with screenshots and example output, hopefully it’ll be useful to you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

reefnut

Sorry for the delay in responding the problem i am having is when choosing google checkout as my option it goes to googles site however it does not calculate the shipping. I am using carrier calculated and running version 1.2.1 of magento I have had this problem since 1.1.x. It always only displays whatever I have put on for default shipping rate. Though it says the rate will be overridden That does not happen.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ASchroder

New Zealand

That’s a very normal symptom of failed communication or bad messages being sent to Google Checkout. Please have a look at the intergration console and see if there is any error output there? I put detailed instructions for doing this on my blog.

Magento Community
Magento Community

reefnut

Well atleast i am getting somewhere now that I am reading your blog it seems it may be a callback error this is the error I get…

We encountered an error trying to access your server at https://www.hotpricedgiftshop.com/googlecheckout/api/—the error we got is sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

https://hotpricedgiftshop.com/googlecheckout/api/ is what I am using for callback url on google.

Not that I have any clue what that means but it’s more than what i knew before.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ASchroder

New Zealand

That looks to be a problem with your SSL certificate, or the way you have installed it in your web server. Did you do the SSL setup? Perhaps check if your SSL provider offers a different type of certificate.  The same problem has been reported and possible solutions provided over at the GC developer group: http://groups.google.com/group/google-checkout-api-misc/browse_thread/thread/bc5cacf1eb3aefa6/5cf3fb30ef3609b5

Magento Community
Magento Community

reefnut

Yes I did my own set up and will try to redo it tomorrow and see if that solves it. I will definately post the results.

Thank You for all your help it is much appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

reefnut

Well I use simple helix as my host and i did reinstall my ssl certificate had them check it out and they say there are no problems with the installation yet I still get the same error in google and i have tried every which way but loose for my call back url. Now I guess i am going to godaddy for info on that ssl certificate I got from them. This really is a problem that needs to be solved not just for me but for everyone.

Magento Community
Magento Community

patriveri

Total Posts:  30

I’m getting ‘ERROR 503: Service Unavailable’ when I run: wget --post-data=blah http://70.19.124.65/googlecheckout/api/. This is a test site running PHP 5.2.6 and Apache 2.2.9 (no SSL cert installed). Anyone have any ideas what this means?

Magento Community
Magento Community

reefnut

Ok here we go after doing some research I think I have found atleast my issue. It appears you can find a list of accepted ssl certificates from google here http://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/answer.py?answer=57856&topic;=8671

In that list only the Class 2 CA certificate provided by godaddy is listed. The SSL I installed for my website is issued by Godaddy Secure Certification Authority meaning I only have the standard SSL Certificate not the Class 2 that google accepts.

So I guess I will get a different SSL Certificate and let everyone know if that is the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community