Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How is the Magento Market in Australia ? 

Admina21

Total Posts:  35

Just Interested to know how Magento is doing in Australia.

Any body know?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MDG-IT

Total Posts:  31
Melbourne, Australia

Looks very healthy from here. I think the way was led by several major retailers. We’re seeing significant migrations from oscommerce, various hosted cart products and others.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageAustralia

Total Posts:  37
Sydney, Australia

Well, I can’t speak for other’s but the increase in enquiries has been hard to manage. Magento isn’t something that a developer can learn in a couple of days or a week and so the main issue is getting good people right now.

I think Magento’s taken off worldwide, not just the US or Australia.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ecommuser

Total Posts:  3

I’de say it’s growing day by day.

if you take a look at most of the web developers they all have an “ecommerce” option and about 50% seem to list Magento as their choice.

I just built one new Magento store and have an old OSC store which needs a serious overhaul and may go to Magento as well (though I am considering BigCommerce as it’s also making huge waves.)

Magento Community
Magento Community

patrickyan

Total Posts:  9

magento is doing very well in Australia. It’s is awesome for shipping and retailer.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community