Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Partial upgrade failed, now I have a Franken-database! 

Colt McCormack

Total Posts:  21
North Texas

It appears that a few weeks back, after having an unsuccessful upgrade attempt from 1.3.2.3 to to 1.6.2.0 we had something terrible happen. The failed upgrade brought the store down, no problem as we had a backup that was then restored. However, it has come to my attention recently that whenever this restoration took place the tech (from our webhost, HostGator) merely imported the backup database on top of the screwed up partially upgraded database. So while our site has been working fine, there are a bunch of extra tables and such from the newer versions that shouldn’t exist that do. This of course breaks the upgrade process with “Table XYZ already exists” errors.

Any idea on how to fix this? The Magento Database Repair Tool of course wants to break all of the foreign key constraints because it sees the two databases as different versions. I have considered manually deleting the extra tables, as per http://magereverse.com but that seems risky. Any better ideas?

I really wish there were an easy way to export your orders, customers, products, etc. so that I can import it into a clean new database but the only thing I am aware of are the Import/Export profiles in the Admin panel and some 3rd party plugins that cost a few hundred bucks that do just orders.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community