Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Manually transfer data from data.sql db to current magento store db

mikeinspain

Total Posts:  108
Alicante, Spain

Hi everyone

Please stay with me on this one as I’m not entirely sure what I am asking!!  grin

I had some issues when updating to 1.2 where in the end I did a fresh install and imported a DB backup from the 17 December.  That was my last backup via the store admin.

Before I tried to do the update I made a TAR file backup of the whole directory via SSH and also did a mysqldump via SHH.  This gave me the data.sql file, but it seems that it is a little messed up as when I tried to import the db file I was getting errors.

What I need to know is this as it contains key informations relating to sales, customers and other information;

1.) Can I manually transfer information/data across table to table?
2.) Is there an automated way to do this?  A better or worse way/tool to achieve this?

Perhaps I need to look at debugging the sql file?  But I do not how to do that, even if that is possible..

Sorry for the long winded tale?  If anyone is about and fancies digging deeper in this DB stuff then hook me on;

twitter: @elgringoinspain
msn:

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mikeinspain

Total Posts:  108
Alicante, Spain

Hey sistertwisted..

I guess that’s kinda true.. 

I guess I am looking at import select data/tables that carry information on Sales, Customers that have registered etc…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community