Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I give up on Magento. Upgrade process is far to poor. 

WetFlam

Total Posts:  25

I just cant do this anymore. Every single time I have to update magento I get hours upon hours upon hours of crap errors that noone seems to have an answer for.... ever. I do google searches for hours looking for answers and ever single thread i come across I read and do all that is suggested and its never resolved and 90% of the time I never see anyone on here say oh awesome that fixed it thanks bunches… instead the thread just seems to freaking die and I cant get any answers.

I am on 1.5.1
I am upgrading to 1.7

my fourth error during this upgrade is

Error in file: “/home/wetflame/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Reports/sql/reports_setup/upgrade-1.6.0.0-1.6.0.0.1.php” - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘report_viewed_product_aggregated_daily’ already exists

Trace:
#0 /home/wetflame/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(645): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /home/wetflame/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘1.6.0.0’, ‘1.6.0.0.1’)
#2 /home/wetflame/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’1.6.0.0’, ‘1.6.0.0.1’)
#3 /home/wetflame/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/wetflame/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(417): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/wetflame/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(343): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 /home/wetflame/public_html/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /home/wetflame/public_html/index.php(87): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#8 {main}

it just seems pointless to even try anymore. Its so damn frustrating trying to keep magento up to date. I even broke my wireless mouse over it. Thats how frustrating magento is. 90% of time the treads like this one will just go unanswered… sigh.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

veracious

Total Posts:  114

Well cheer up bro.  You picked the perfect time to upgrade your site!  I am upgrading mine as well and just hit the same error as you.  I think I got a fix.  Give me a bit and I will get back to you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Stefan Huber

Total Posts:  1

Hey,

I had the same Error occuring, I reindexed from the ssh and everything turned out well again…

the command is just:

php ./shell/indexer.php reindexall

hope that helps…
best,
Stefan

Magento Community
Magento Community

KrisCoady

Total Posts:  39

To get rid of the “Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘report_viewed_product_aggregated_daily’ already exists” error after upgrading to 1.7 delete the following tables from your database:
report_viewed_product_aggregated_daily
report_viewed_product_aggregated_monthly
report_viewed_product_aggregated_yearly

Magento Community
Magento Community

Leo77

Total Posts:  10

Hi WetFlam,

I understand you very good. I got problems with my Magento upgrade all the time. And finally I decided to find an alternative that wouldn’t be so frustrating. I went to Google and found this service. They offer migration instead of updating. It is paid but the free demo went very good and I tried full service. Comparing to traditional updating it was really simple and I didn’t have any serious errors that i usually got with updating. Can recommend it as quite affordable tool that will save your nerves and mouse =)
Cheers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ackley

Total Posts:  28

if you are upgrading the Magento 1.5.1 to Magento 1.7. than you will fix the Magento 1.5.1 admin configuration for associated products links. if you are using “mage” installer and Magento Connect 2.0 that will work longer time..If indexer error is comes after upgrade to Magento 1.5 and you should must modify the file by introducing the new fields that is group price and base group price in the following file. /app/code/community/OrganicInternet/SimpleConfigurableProducts/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Product/Indexer/Price/Configurable.php.

Magento Community
Magento Community

williambest

Total Posts:  5

I’m considering the option of migration as well, after reading the convincing article on the topic http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/useful-articles/42-magento/4416-magento-upgrade-or-migrate
I’m going to check free demo to see if these guys are that fast as they tell, and if they really can economize my time, I’ll go for it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

luiscamacho

Total Posts:  2

kriscoady - 14 July 2012 01:09 PM

To get rid of the “Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘report_viewed_product_aggregated_daily’ already exists” error after upgrading to 1.7 delete the following tables from your database:
report_viewed_product_aggregated_daily
report_viewed_product_aggregated_monthly
report_viewed_product_aggregated_yearly

This solution worked for me. I deleted the three tables from my database using phpMyAdmin and was able to get back to my site. Hope this helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

TRMMarketing

Total Posts:  145

Maybe this will help E-Commerce Gorilla Magento Upgrade Guide

Magento Community
Magento Community

jigesh

Total Posts:  4

Deleting suggested 3 tables have worked for me, thanks a lot community for helping me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Total Posts:  218
Pasadena, CA

I’m not sure if I’m happier to see that as a result of @WetFlam’s post, @jigesh’s problem got solved by the community, or sadder at the degree to which @WetFlam completely gave up on Magento :|

The Magento community rocks!  smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community