Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

v0.6.13700 - hacking in quantity updates on successful sale

gabrielk

Total Posts:  83

EDIT: Actually the version I was working with was from before stock management was added, I’m really just looking for where in the checkout process I can add a quick hack to update the quantity in the database.  e.g., adding some code to the “success” page that removes the quantity ordered.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gabrielk

Total Posts:  83

Yeah I caught that in the release notes before I posted but for some reason thought we were already using 0.6.14100.  We started customizing with the version just before that, looks like we started with version 0.6.13700.  So now I’m trying to figure out where the stock management functions are in the code so I can bring it up to sync.

EDIT: Let me clarify, I should say that I’ve found the stock management functions in core/Mage/CatalogInventory I’m just trying to figure out how/where to put the subtractQty functions upon successful checkout.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community