Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 4
Why are custom options changing product price to zero? 

gfxguru

Total Posts:  186

The changes reflected in 1.7 require theme designers to make adjustments to the updates in architecture to pricing. I believe the default theme has the same error with not only price changing to ZERO but tier prices changing to “100% Off”. I think theme builders are going to have to release an update for 1.7 based themes, an update that also separates the two versions.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gfxguru

Total Posts:  186

In otherwords I don’t believe the fix is in copying or replacing options.phtml from base dir. I believe this may fix some theme issues but also cause other problems. Look at the changes from 1.6.2 to 1.7. Custom themes build for under 1.7 will not reflect these price changes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

werdnanoslen

Total Posts:  7

I’m running 1.7, and I just installed a 1.6 skin HelloWired. Now, the price doesn’t update at all when custom options of associated simple products are selected. That is, it does not display $0.00, but it also doesn’t reflect the price change of the option selections. Here’s my related thread.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RickStoopman

The following worked for me.

(I upgraded from 1.4.1.1 to 1.7.0)

in app/design/default/[your_theme]/template/catalog/product/view/options.phtml on around line 141
change

if (this.config[optionId][selectOption.value]{
   price 
+= parseFloat(this.config[optionId][selectOption.value]);
}

To:

if (this.config[optionId][selectOption.value]{
   price 
+= parseFloat(this.config[optionId][selectOption.value].priceValue);
}

Magento Community
Magento Community

werdnanoslen

I don\’t see anything in any of my themes\’ options.phtml (default and custom) that looks like that.

However, the zero ($0.00) price issue is fixed here: https://github.com/organicinternet/magento-configurable-simple/issues/14

Magento Community
Magento Community

k2xl

Total Posts:  2

The above fix to priceValue is not a good idea - Magento appears to use that for “percent” discounts.

Here’s the Fix for those of you without the options file in your theme. Looks like a bug in Magento 1.7

Magento Community
Magento Community

saiksen

Total Posts:  4

replacing the file worked for me, thx

Magento Community
Magento Community

jacdesigner

Total Posts:  5

k2xl - 16 June 2012 03:16 PM

The above fix to priceValue is not a good idea - Magento appears to use that for “percent” discounts.

Here’s the Fix for those of you without the options file in your theme. Looks like a bug in Magento 1.7

I tried the fix in this post, which made sense to me.  But it is not working for some reason.  I have just tried also clearing cache and reindexing product data, but the price still shows $0 when any custom option is selected.

Magento Community
Magento Community

furnitureforyoultd
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  833

the parseFloat code is present in 1.6.2, not 1.7

if (config[optionId][element.getValue()]{
                                price 
+= parseFloat(config[optionId][element.getValue()]);

}

if (typeof configOptions[element.getValue()!= 'undefined'{
                                curConfig 
configOptions[element.getValue()];

}

you should try using the options.phtml file in the base/default folder first and foremost

Magento Community
Magento Community

bartbart

Total Posts:  1

Is there any update available for 1.7.0.1 ? Above solutions don’t work for this versions…

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

seanix

Total Posts:  1

I’ve updated my magneto form 1.6.2 to 1.7.2 and caused the same problem, and I’ve been searching for 2 days and no success, finally I’ve decided to take the whole view folder from my old backup magneto and replace it with the new one and it worked.
also remember to update your (advance product option) extension if you are using it

Magento Community
Magento Community

hammock_vienna

Total Posts:  60

Hi,

we face something similar. Bundle Products have the price 0. A lot of “undefined” errors. i.e. bundle undefined, tier prices undefined etc.

We had no issues at all with 1.6.0.2 , but now we made a test upgrade to 1.7.0.2 and bundle products don’t work anymore.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shaun Ohagan

Total Posts:  34
UK

1.7.0.2 definitely has an issue with options updating the price field on a product page and setting it to zero.  Each bundled theme in the 1.7.0.2 release (default, modern and blank) don’t work either The issue lies somewhere in the javascript code in the options.phtml file.  Or more likely in the actual HTML of the page that the javascript is processing. 

I have a customised theme for one client that still works i.e. the prices are correct and option selection that increments the price still works even under 1.7.0.2 (except for the thresholds all saying save 100%) and the only change was that I created custom add to cart and price box features.

It is bizarre that a release is made by varian where the default theme is not tested on something as basic as showing a product’s price.

I’ve debugged my theme roughly to the area of line 143 in options.phtml

$A(element.options).each(function(selectOption){

but then stepping in there has caused my firebug to lock up.  Will try again later.

If you edit out this code the price is not set to zero. Option price updates don’t work though.

if anyone else finds an answer more quickly please post it.  I’m amazed the sky hasn’t fallen in on this one as yet.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shaun Ohagan

Total Posts:  34
UK

Just an update on my debugging of this problem.  I have found a fix but based on the load of other fixes floating around on this subject you may or may not find it works for you.  It depend on how you upgraded your version of magento and possibly your database driven configuration.

My problem is that prices are set to zero on products and occurs with Magento 1.7.0.2 with products that have options.  However the problem doesn’t arise if the product has a pricing threshold. 

The problem happens at line 572 of js/varien/product.js

this.plusDispositionTax = config.plusDispositionTax;

and in my case config.plusDispositionTax is not defined. I have no idea where that value may come from in the config - my tax/vat is set to none on the products in the store.

Which then causes line 700

incl += parseFloat(_plusDisposition) + parseFloat(this.plusDispositionTax);

to fail and set incl to zero.

Therefore I commented out line 572 and replaced with

this.plusDispositionTax = 0;

And all works as far as I can see.

Obviously this is changing a core file but not sure how to decouple that change from an upgrade although if this is a bug it should get sorted in the next upgrade.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dolestar

Total Posts:  41

Evening,

Im building a site in magento 1.7.02 - from scratch, no upgrade.  Ive started with a theme called hellowired and am developing it.

I’ve tried all the suggestions here and none of them work, ive tried switching to the modern/iphone default templates to ensure its not theme related.

I can see using the DOM inspector in firebug that the options have a zero value for both price and oldPrice, but the label and id are populate correctly.

This is really frustrating - does anyone have a rock solid solution?

To recap i’ve tried;

copy the options.phtml from base folder to my theme (my theme didnt have this file anyway)
several suggested tweaks to varien/product.js
removed second price block in view.phtml

Still the same problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 4