Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to edit part of a sidebar? 

azalamov

Total Posts:  3

Hello,

I have some HTML/CSS (but not enough lol), what I am trying to do is to take off the PayPal button on the bottom left of this side bar located at this page:

http://moodsofflorence.com/index.php/accessories-1/alessi.html

and to add a AuthorizeNet seal I have..

I have looked through the CMS pages in the backend but I was eventually led to the APP folder on the server.. Still cannot seem to find the master page where I can change the div and insert the AuthorizeNet seal..

Any suggestions?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

stevejcoates

Total Posts:  54
Poole, Dorset

Hi azalamov,

These sorts of things are always done with the layout files (xml). So, in order to remove the paypal logo. You’ll need to open ‘paypal.xml’ from “/app/design/frontend/<theme>/default/layout”. If it’s not in there, you’ll need to copy it from “/app/design/frontend/base/default/layout”.

In there, you’ll need to comment out or delete something like:

<reference name="left">
       <
block type="paypal/logo" name="paypal.partner.right.logo" template="paypal/partner/logo.phtml"/>
</
reference>

Then, to add in your AuthorizeNet seal, you’ll need to add:

<reference name="left">
         <
block type="core/template" name="left.permanent.callout" template="callouts/authorizenet.phtml">
</
reference>

You’ll obviously have to create that file in the template reference.

Hope that helps!
-Steve

Magento Community
Magento Community

stevejcoates

Total Posts:  54
Poole, Dorset

I’ve just seen that you’ve already managed to do this on your site. There you go anyway! It’s good practice to do it in this manner.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vjtemplates
Guru

Total Posts:  408
Washington, USA

For Magento best practices, you can add this in your theme’s local.xml:

<remove name="paypal.partner.right.logo"/>

Magento Community
Magento Community