Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Hosting Question

zonetrap

Total Posts:  8

I have a client that is getting a magento website built.  One of the things I am trying to find out is hosting.  SO many hosting companies say they can run magento.  But a lot of the sites are slow.  Any recommendations out there on hosting providers that run magento well?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ebuntu

Total Posts:  245
Denver, CO

zonetrap - 09 May 2012 05:07 AM

Any recommendations out there on hosting providers that run magento well?

These guys are really good http://ServerTune.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

inwebservices

Total Posts:  29

We are not affiliated with any of these so our opinion is unbiased, Crucial provide very good Magento hosting, we used SimpleHelix in the past and their servers were fast.  Depending on the application you can also go down an AWS or Rackspace route, AWS is more feature rich as it is a true cloud platform and they have free two month RDS (MySQL) and Memcache usage, you will want to look in to Nginx, APC, php-fpm in this case.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Extendware

Total Posts:  231

The most important thing is the host should be using apache. Magento is built for apache and so are many extensions. The speed difference between apache and a niche web server like nginx or litespeed for an individual store is minor. Far more important are things like disk access, opcode cache, sufficient memory, not being in a VPS environment (which causes overhead), and the biggest bang for the buck is a Full page cache extension

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

Total Posts:  163
UK

zonetrap - 09 May 2012 05:07 AM

I have a client that is getting a magento website built.  One of the things I am trying to find out is hosting.  SO many hosting companies say they can run magento.  But a lot of the sites are slow.  Any recommendations out there on hosting providers that run magento well?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community