Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

problem with reindexAll after update to 1.7

piasek

Total Posts:  1

Hello

i’m trying to upgrade magento 1.5 to 1.7, this is what i’m doing

chmod 755 mage
rm -rf var/cache/* downloader/pearlib/cache/* downloader/pearlib/download/*
./mage mage-setup .
./mage sync --force
./mage config-set preferred_state stable
./mage list-upgrades
./mage install http://connect20.magentocommerce.com/community Mage_All_Latest --force
chmod 755 mage
mysql -u root -p namoimstole_1 < /home/piasek/workspace/nowyshop/2012_04_12.sql
php shell/indexer.php reindexall
./mage upgrade-all --force
find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
find . -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \;
chmod 750 mage
chmod o+w var var/.htaccess app/etc
chmod -R o+w media
chmod -R 777 var/package var/locks var/report var/export downloader

installation goes nice but i got problem with reindexing, and i have this error:

Product Attributes index was rebuilt successfully
Product Prices index process unknown error:
exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[21S01]: Insert value list does not match column list: 1136 Column count doesn’t match value count at row 1’ in /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:228
Stack trace:
#0 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php(228): PDOStatement->execute(Array)
#1 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/lib/Varien/Db/Statement/Pdo/Mysql.php(110): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#2 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Varien_Db_Statement_Pdo_Mysql->_execute(Array)
#3 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#4 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’INSERT INTO `ca...’, Array)
#5 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(419): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’INSERT INTO `ca...’, Array)
#6 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Product/Indexer/Price/Default.php(287): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(’INSERT INTO `ca...’)
#7 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/app/code/core/Mage/Downloadable/Model/Resource/Indexer/Price.php(47): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Product_Indexer_Price_Default->_prepareFinalPriceData()
#8 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Product/Indexer/Price.php(385): Mage_Downloadable_Model_Resource_Indexer_Price->reindexAll()
#9 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Indexer/Abstract.php(143): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Product_Indexer_Price->reindexAll()
#10 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(209): Mage_Index_Model_Indexer_Abstract->reindexAll()
#11 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(255): Mage_Index_Model_Process->reindexAll()
#12 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/shell/indexer.php(158): Mage_Index_Model_Process->reindexEverything()
#13 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/shell/indexer.php(198): Mage_Shell_Compiler->run()
#14 {main}

Next exception ‘Zend_Db_Statement_Exception’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[21S01]: Insert value list does not match column list: 1136 Column count doesn’t match value count at row 1’ in /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:234
Stack trace:
#0 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/lib/Varien/Db/Statement/Pdo/Mysql.php(110): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Varien_Db_Statement_Pdo_Mysql->_execute(Array)
#2 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#3 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’INSERT INTO `ca...’, Array)
#4 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(419): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’INSERT INTO `ca...’, Array)
#5 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Product/Indexer/Price/Default.php(287): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(’INSERT INTO `ca...’)
#6 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/app/code/core/Mage/Downloadable/Model/Resource/Indexer/Price.php(47): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Product_Indexer_Price_Default->_prepareFinalPriceData()
#7 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Product/Indexer/Price.php(385): Mage_Downloadable_Model_Resource_Indexer_Price->reindexAll()
#8 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Indexer/Abstract.php(143): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Product_Indexer_Price->reindexAll()
#9 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(209): Mage_Index_Model_Indexer_Abstract->reindexAll()
#10 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(255): Mage_Index_Model_Process->reindexAll()
#11 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/shell/indexer.php(158): Mage_Index_Model_Process->reindexEverything()
#12 /home/piasek/workspace/newshop/shell/indexer.php(198): Mage_Shell_Compiler->run()
#13 {main}

can u help me with this?

best regards

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RickStoopman

Total Posts:  7

I’m having exactly the same issue right now, have you found a solution yet?

Im upgrading from 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.2 to 1.7

Im getting this error right after ‘php shell/indexer.php reindexall’

Thnx

Magento Community
Magento Community

developerindia

Total Posts:  58

After upgrade magento 1.6.2 to 1.7 but I can’t reindex any thing.
Show me error like “cannot initialize the indexer process.”

Any one have idea how can I fixed this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeremiedejonghe

Total Posts:  15

hello,
I fixed the problem when I visited >> System configuration >> Catalog.
I put Catalog Price Scope in website navigation and Price Calculation in Step Automatic (equalize products count). I then index price again and it worked

Magento Community
Magento Community

pciccone

Total Posts:  7

I had to clear the cache again AFTER upgrade:

The index then built OK. I also had to empty the catalog_product_flat_1 table as someone else had mentioned on a different thread.

I am not sure if it was both or just clearing the cache that was the ultimate answer.

Magento Community
Magento Community

eddetollenaer

Total Posts:  21

Same problem here. I also repaired the database with the datbase cleanup tool, but with no luck.

It’s still not possible to reindex the Product Price index. Error is: There was a problem with reindexing process.

Can I check the exact problem somewhere in a log file?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ionix

Total Posts:  24

This one was tricky for me, I was upgrading 1.5.1.0 => 1.7.0.2. If this is the same problem, it was caused by reindexing the site via shell BEFORE trying to access the site via browser (and thus not running the sql update scripts). The error is thrown because you’re missing columns in your pricing databases, as group pricing was recently added.

I’m sure there’s a better way of fixing it, but what I did was use the database diagram on Magereverse.com and manually add the columns to the pricing tables (I use SQLyog as a mysql client). After that I believe I was able to reindex successfully.

On the Magereverse 1.7.0.0 diagram, find all the “catalog_product_index_price_***” tables that have new columns which contain “group_price” in the name. Also, there are a couple of associated new tables with “group_price” in the table name as well. After I manually added these my pricing indexed without an issue.

Although there’s a downside, I had to make some changes to the mysql upgrade scripts as it threw errors when it tried to modify the mysql tables, because they were already set up. I just commented out the lines that modify/add the columns I had already done. This method requires you’re knowledgeable with mysql/php and have a little patience. Especially be careful with adding the new tables, as you’ll have to assign the proper foreign/primary keys and other column properties. Magereverse doesn’t leave anything out, thankfully.

Maybe if I find the time I’ll try to retrace my footsteps and put together a SQL script for the less experienced users.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bates

Total Posts:  17

Please does anyone have a fix to this, I have wasted an entire day trying every fix I can find, DB repair, cleanup, clearing cache etc etc clearing a truncating a few tables and deleting the configurableproducts module with the same continuing error. Please can someone help I will have no hair left shortly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magebay

Total Posts:  122
Thai Nguyen

How you do this upgrade? Did you follow step by step Upgrade from 1.5.1 -> 1.6.2 -. 1.7.0.2 ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bates

Total Posts:  17

Anything guys? Without forking out $100. Still cannot index product prices and am just stuck. This software seems to be littered with bugs, I think at first opportunity I will be straight over to opencart. Its a joke and the lack of support in the forums is the big come down, where as other software I have used are very quick to resolve issues via forums.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community