Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

modifications to configurable product and how it is displayed. 

sphariss

Total Posts:  2

I need a little help modifying Magento 1.6.2. The configurable products is great and very flexible, however I need some changes to the pricing model…

First off, I have attached a JPG mockup of what I am shooting for…

The price block is my main focus at the moment…. I would like the following modifications to the way the cart works:

1) I like the flexibility of configurable products, and would like to keep the individual sku aspects.

2) Instead of a drop-down, I would like a table with all the option/sku included.

3) there would be a QTY box that the customer would be able to put how many to add to cart, and an Add check box to tell the add to cart button what to add.

4) The price column would have the real price (as apposed to the way fixed price works, by adding a value to the base price)

At this point I am not sure what I need to modify…. would this be a block of it’s own or a modified template? Where is the code that handles fixed price? What am I getting myself into big surprise

Thanks,

Steve

Image Attachments
Image3.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sphariss

Total Posts:  2

Also, If anyone knows of any addons or modules already created that is close to this, that might work as well....

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community