Magento Forum

Undefined index:  symbol_choice

wetpaint12

Total Posts:  15

After using the magento conection manager, and downloading a extension. i ended up with this error, i replaced all the files with my back up and it still will not work, my front end and backend are both shot.

Notice: Undefined index:  symbol_choice in /home/content/c/p/e/cpetdecals/html/wallchamp/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Locale/Currency.php on line 69
Trace:

Was wondering if anyone else had some input,

ty

U92

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

wetpaint12

Bump up the volume

Magento Community
Magento Community

rossdavidh

Total Posts:  4

I am having the same problem, although I was able to maneuver around it.  It appears to affect my /dashboard link, but not (for example) my /cms_page link.  So by manually changing the URL I was able to get around that and at least get into the parts of the admin side which don’t use this particular piece of code.  Still don’t know how to fix the issue for the pages with this problem, though.

p.s.
Also worth mentioning is that when I tried to upgrade to 1.2, I got this:
“upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_Google_Checkout-1.2.0
upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_Js_Calendar-1.2.0
upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_Js_Prototype-1.2.0
upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_ZF_Locale-1.7.2
upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_Js_Mage-1.2.0
upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_ZF-1.7.2
permission denied (delete): ./.htaccess
permission denied (delete): ./index.php”

I tried temporarily changing the permissions on .htaccess and index.php to 777, and running the upgrade again, but same result.  Now the Magento connect manager page says I still need all of these upgrades (although the messages above seems to indicate that six of them happened successfully).  I am guessing that it did upgrade something, but the file currency.php which is mentioned in the error message does not appear to have been touched, so I am not sure what to do about restoring.

This is my first time using the upgrade feature (needless to say it is not going smoothly), so I am not sure what the “Uninstall” feature does.  Is this a restore, which will put the old code back?  Or does it just remove the new code and assume I have a copy of the old code somewhere to restore it?  Any help or advice is appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wetpaint12

I have even tried uploading my backup files, but i still get a symbol_choice error on line 69, i have also replaced all included files listed in the error stack.  And this has done nothing, could still use some help ive read around on the forums and havent found much.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pedro Polonia

Total Posts:  3
Porto

Hello All.

After trying to update to magento 1.2.0.3 i got a empty home page (without products) and the following error on admin:

Notice: Undefined index:  symbol_choice in /home//wwwroot/my_site.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Locale/Currency.php on line 69
Trace:
#0 /home/wwwroot/my_site.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Locale/Currency.php(69): mageCoreErrorHandler(8, ‘Undefined index...’, ‘/home/polonia/w...’, 69, Array)
#1 /home/wwwroot/my_site.com/app/code/core/Mage/Directory/Model/Currency.php(163): Mage_Core_Model_Locale_Currency->toCurrency(’0.000000’, Array)
#2 /home/wwwroot/my_site.com/app/code/core/Mage/Directory/Model/Currency.php(151): Mage_Directory_Model_Currency->formatTxt(NULL, Array)
#3 /home/wwwroot/my_site.com/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Dashboard/Bar.php(82): Mage_Directory_Model_Currency->format(NULL)
#4 /home/wwwroot/my_site.com/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Dashboard/Bar.php(62): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Dashboard_Bar->format(NULL)
#5 /home/wwwroot/my_site.com/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Dashboard/Totals.php(65): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Dashboard_Bar->addTotal(’Revenue’, NULL)
#6 /home/wwwroot/my_site.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(199): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Dashboard_Totals->_prepareLayout()
#7 /home/wwwroot/my_site.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(411): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->setLayout(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout))
#8 /home/wwwroot/my_site.com/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Dashboard.php(52): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->createBlock(’adminhtml/dashb...’)
#9 /home/wwwroot/my_site.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(199): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Dashboard->_prepareLayout()
#10 /home/wwwroot/my_site.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(411): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->setLayout(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout))
#11 /home/wwwroot/my_site.com/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/DashboardController.php(41): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->createBlock(’adminhtml/dashb...’, ‘dashboard’)
#12 /home/wwwroot/my_site.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(349): Mage_Adminhtml_DashboardController->indexAction()
#13 /home/wwwroot/my_site.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(143): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’index’)
#14 /home/wwwroot/my_site.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(174): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#15 /home/wwwroot/my_site.com/app/Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#16 /home/wwwroot/my_site.com/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#17 {main}

Any easy way to recover?

Pedro Polonia

Magento Community
Magento Community

wetpaint12

Any luck with this yet? is it something in the db my admin end broke again

Magento Community
Magento Community

tangkoko

Total Posts:  75
France

Look at http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27056/ for a fix from russell2pi.

Magento Community
Magento Community

corbykissler

Total Posts:  39

bump, blew up after setting up magento connect - would rather fix one file than copying over everything . . .

anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

corbykissler

bump - magento - anyone else . .  help!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

corbykissler

Fixed - follow Russell’s thread - i’ve posted there my hack to get the site working.

Note:  Still makes Magento Connect fail.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community