Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add related items to grouped items in view.phtml

LorenzoG

Total Posts:  36

Hi everyone.

I’m trying to add related items after the grouped items in view.phtml (see attached screenshot).

I’m using Magento’s default theme and I’m trying to figure out how to call the related items from view.phtml. If someone could help me with some hints for how to obtain this would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance! smile

Image Attachments
magento-scr1.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

I’m pretty sure that what you’re attempting can be easily accomplished. I think in this instance, as with many, it comes down to layout and style. My first suggestion would be to open up catalog.xml in your working template. Find the section that starts the product view block:
<catalog_product_view>
In this section, related products are probably being called within the right column. You should be able to reposition them to the content column pretty easily. Note: once you get them moved over to the content column, you’re going to need to start playing with the template file related.phtml and the css that controls its design. Since you already have a working idea on how you want the css to display, that part shouldn’t be that bad. From the looks of it though, you will need to alter the template file to include a qty box. Also, you’ll probably have to alter the Related Block to output sku as well. Not too difficult though. Hope this get’s you pointed in the right direction.

Dan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community