Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I turn off Alaska and Hawaii

bacca

Total Posts:  19

I dont want to allow visitors to select these states for shipping but I do want them to be able to use these states as billing.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

johannes
Magento Team

Total Posts:  11

Hi there,

Since Magento’s address database allows the same address entry to be both a shipping and billing address, this poses several issues… Also, there’s no reason to select a shipping method before a state is selected, especially if shipping costs are different to different locations.

You could enable table rate as the only shipping method, and not have an entry for AK and HI.  If a customer goes through the checkout with AK as their shipping state, they will not be offered a shipping method at all… From a usability standpoint this isn’t exactly ideal, unless you warn customers of this shipping limitation throughout the site and checkout process. wink

Hope that helps,
~Johannes

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community