Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PayPal Payments and Suspected Fraud Status

NathanR

Total Posts:  5

I’m on Magento 1.6.2.0.  I accept payment via the “Website Payments Standard”.  I have also enabled IPN on PayPal so it will send data back to my Magento store.

Every order so far has shown up with a status of “Suspected Fraud” after the customer has paid.  I have received the funds in my PayPal account and the transaction is fine, but the customer doesn’t receive the email after they ordered with the detail of their order.

The order is now stuck in the “Suspected Fraud” status.  How can I fix this?  I don’t really need it to check for Suspected Fraud I guess, but the customer needs to get the email after they order and I need this in a complete status.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Wielen

Total Posts:  95

Same here! Having the same issue....

Any fix?

Jord

Magento Community
Magento Community

vdweide

Total Posts:  6

Did anyone find the solution yet because I’ve got the same issue here (Magento 1.6)?????

Magento Community
Magento Community

Watson91

Total Posts:  11

Hi Guys,

I realise this post is reasonably old now but I thought I would post here for anyone coming along who is experiencing the rotten paypal bug. I have found a fix which works for magento 1.6.1.0. As of now I havent tested it on any other versions and I am awaiting feedback from others to see if it is working for them.

The problem is Paypal has a problem when it comes to shipping rates being different decimal places from magento so it marks the order as suspected fraud.

Firtsly go into your PayPal account and go to Profile -> My Selling Tools -> Shipping Calculations. Then make sure the tickbox is ticked “Click here to allow transaction-based shipping values to override the profile shipping settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled).” Then Save.
Secondly we need to stop Magento checking that the amount captured by paypal and the amount on the order is the same and returning the fraud status if they don’t match.

In the file:

/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order/Payment.php

On about line 1476

(inside the function _isCaptureFinal)

Change

“return false;”
to
return true;

After this orders should now be coming through as processing and the money should have cleared in paypal. I must stress however that you must change your paypal settings as stated above or else the shipping method from the payment will not be added to the paypal amount.

Can anyone who uses this fix please let me know if it has worked for them.

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community