Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

What is “My applications” ? 

francescopicone

Total Posts:  1

Hello,
in the reserved area of frontend there is a new section called “My applications”, someone can give me a little explication of what is?

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ullern

Total Posts:  6

I would also like to know this.!

And more important.. How do I remove it from the links in “My Account”??

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tamayo

Total Posts:  33

I am not sure what is\"My Applications\”.

You can remove this link by commenting out the following in design/base/layout/oauth.xml

<!-- My Applications-->
<!--
<customer_account>
<reference name=\"customer_account_navigation\">
<action method=\"addLink\" translate=\"label\" module=\"oauth\">
<name>OAuth Customer Tokens</name>
<path>oauth/customer_token</path>
<label>My Applications</label>
</action>
</reference>
</customer_account>
-->

To avoid having this file overridden, copy it into design/YOUR_THEME/layout/oauth.xml.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AssociatedVOIP

Total Posts:  44

OAuth is a new area of Magento that will allow for custom applications/extensions.
It can allow your customers to link their account to other software applications… like Google Apps and Facebook Apps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chrisbalchin

Total Posts:  1

AssociatedVOIP - 04 June 2012 05:23 AM

OAuth is a new area of Magento that will allow for custom applications/extensions.
It can allow your customers to link their account to other software applications… like Google Apps and Facebook Apps.

That’s right, although Magento haven’t added the link with the same syntax as previous links which has confused a few developers.

The previous links have all been added with a standardised name (i.e. account_edit, address_book and so forth) but the My Applications link has been added with the name ‘OAuth Customer Tokens’; capitalised and containing spaces. While this is no big deal, it’s annoying and given a few seconds more thought by the core team, wouldn’t be an issue.

If you’re using cfr’s very handy removeLinkByName method the XML markup for your local.xml is as follows.

<customer_account translate="label">
        <
reference name="customer_account_navigation">
            <
action method="removeLinkByName"><name>OAuth Customer Tokens</name></action>
        </
reference>
</
customer_account>

This will avoid copying the default XML and commenting out method which will undoubtedly give you problems when upgrading in the future.

Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community