Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

When to expect a new version after 1.2.0.1? 

asleo

Total Posts:  6

How long time do you think/guess it will be before the next version after version 1.2.0.1 is released?

At the moment i have just upgraded from 1.1.6 to 1.2.0.1 (using Magento Connect), but i have several problems after the upgrade, and because i have made very many core changes to the files and all of these is overwritten when i upgrade using Magento Connect, i am at the moment uncertain whether i should wait for a new version before i put all my core code changes back and fix everything, or if i should not wait – the problem is that i can’t wait very long, but if i complete the job right away, i will have to do it all over again if a new version is released and if i need that version (for bugfixes).

Hope you understand my problem. Please advice ... If it will only be a few days or a week before the next version is released, then i will want to wait before i work on putting all the changes of the core files back, if not i will do it right away ...

Will there be a new version in a couple of days, or will it be several weeks or longer?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

andreladocruz
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Brazil

Asle,

If you site is in a production environment like mine, do the updates and restart sales ASAP.

magento said to backup the files before upgrading… if you did´t, it´s your fault.

All problens that I had in my codes where solved.

Now I´m trying to see their problems solved. When? I realy don´t know…

maybe there will be another upgrade in the end of this month.

regards,

Magento Community
Magento Community

asleo

Total Posts:  6

No, my site is not in a production environment. But i have a deadline for launching the site, and i must make some choice about what to do the next few days.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community