Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Extending Customer Profile to handle measurements of customer for a custom suits and shirts website

Umair Khan

Total Posts:  2

Is there any way in magento to extend customer profile in a way that it can store the measurements of customer (waist, neck, shoulders etc). I know that we can add fields for customer profile fields but the tricky requirement here it should save historical records of measurement linked with orders. Details for requirement are:

i) Customer register on site without entering the measurements.
ii) When customer adds to cart a product for example Three Piece Suit (coat, pant, shirt), we will acquire the measurement details from him through a popup form. If customer has already entered the details (in previous orders) we will fetch and show it here .
iii) Customer checkout and measurements should be linked with the order.
iv) Customer comes again and select any other product and add to cart and then updates his measurement and then checkout. Now, we should have the previous measurements linked with the previous order and new measurements linked with the new order. This needs to be shown in the admin panel in orders section and also at frontend in my account section.

Is this scenario can be implemented with magento, if so then how?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Umair Khan

Total Posts:  2

Anyone? Some advice or closest thing atleast?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hichamza

Total Posts:  10

I have been looking for this functionality for the last 1 month. I am currently developing it for $300. If you want it we can share the cost once it is done and working properly on my website…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hi!
Order Attributes extension of filter can be useful.
May you have any question, suggestion or support request please do not hesitate to contact us at this link http://amasty.com/support.html.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hichamza

Total Posts:  10

Thanks for your suggestion,
The problems with your solution are:
1. Measurements can’t be saved and showed/managed in the user’s profile for next order unless another another extension/code is used to retrieve these info
2. options are limited to entering required data without an option for different measurement methods
3. adding many steps to the checkout makes it very hard for completion.
I still need a dedicated extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community