Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Footer displays odd background - how do i change it? 

fuzzbuzz

Total Posts:  67

Hi,

On this site towards the bottom i have a problem with the colours. Screen resolution is set to: 1680 x 1050 . When the browser window is expanded, the green in the middle is fine, but there is a dark grey colour which appears on the bottom left and right. It does look very out of place. How can i change this? Its probably simple but i just cant see where to change it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fuzz

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

I suggest you edit the background images, thats the simplest and overall best solution. Check the following images:
skin/frontend/default/default/images/body_bg.gif
skin/frontend/default/default/images/footer_bg.gif
skin/frontend/default/default/images/footer_container_bg.gif

There should also be these files.
skin/frontend/default/default/images/footer_info_separator.gif
skin/frontend/default/default/images/footer_informational_bg.gif
skin/frontend/default/default/images/footer_left.gif
skin/frontend/default/default/images/footer_right.gif
skin/frontend/default/default/images/footer_legality_bg.gif

Hope it helps tongue wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

fuzzbuzz

Total Posts:  67

thank you,
I’ll have a look at these.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tinnud

Total Posts:  37
UK

Is there any way to alter the sizes of the footer background? It just seems too deep for the info that’s there. I did have a go at this a couple of weeks back and gave up! Any suggestions?

http://www.tinnud.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

pezomatic

Total Posts:  190

Install FireFox and an extension called FireBug and you’ll see Magento in a whole new light!

FireBug will help you easily locate the correct code needed modifiy how Magento looks. Just click on what you want to modify in your browser and FireBug takes you to where the code is so you can tweak it. You can make the type of interface changes that you are asking about right in your browser and see how it will look in Magento in real-time. It’s amazing!

I wish that I would have discovered FireBug two months ago. It would have saved me several hundred hours of frustration trying to decipher Magento’s code.

Download FireBug here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=firebug&cat;=all

There are also several FireBug add-ons worth experimenting with.

Have fun!

Here is a screen capture of a few quick modifications made with FireBug to the footer’s color, size and text:

Image Attachments
fireBug_footer_mod.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

tinnud

Total Posts:  37
UK

Thanks for that pezomatic! I’ve had a play around with it and will be using it in future now I know about it grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

lynnspain

Total Posts:  65
Baleares, Spain

Hi thanks also for the Firebug info I have had a play and know it will help me tremendously.

Another question everyone please. How can i remove the

Help Us to Keep Magento Healthy - Report All Bugs (ver. 1.1.8)

bit in the footer. Not really what I want the world to see when my site is live.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pezomatic

Total Posts:  190

lynnspain - 14 January 2009 07:45 AM

Hi thanks also for the Firebug info I have had a play and know it will help me tremendously.

Another question everyone please. How can i remove the

Help Us to Keep Magento Healthy - Report All Bugs (ver. 1.1.8)
bit in the footer. Not really what I want the world to see when my site is live.

The text you inquired about is located in “footer.phtml”.

I was initially going to delete this text but I ended up modifying it with our own information so our customers could email us if they had problems with our site. We have not gone live with our site yet so I am not sure how much spam this will lead to. We’ll see.

If you have not already done so, I would recommend copying your entire site to your local hard drive so you can search for strings like “Help Us to Keep Magento Healthy” and instantly see what file it is located in.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community