Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to migrate customers and the connected orders from Magento 1.4.1 to 1.6.0? 

thejeed

Total Posts:  2

Hello Magento Community!

I’m a developer and using Magento for the first time. In my new Job, i got the task to migrate all customers with their orders from the old Magento shop to the new one on another server. I thought about several things that end up in a lot of work. I see that customers and orders won’t be enough: I guess we also have to migrate the products, and so on.

So i wanted to ask you if there is some common way to solve this problem. If there are maybe several ways to achieve this goal, i’d like to learn about it.

Please notice that the old Magento runs ver 1.4.1 while the destination server has an instance of 1.6.1. We use the community edition.

Thank you very much

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hello,

Please take a look at Orders Export and Import extension, which will enable you to export the orders from your old Magento install and import them into the new one.
Try searching Magento Connect for a solution to migrate customers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

thejeed

Thanks a lot you for your answer. If I get this plugin and transfer the users, how will these users connect to the orders finally. Are there some unique IDs by which the orders will be associated to their customers automatically?

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

You may transfer the customers first, and then use our extension to transfer the orders. Then, in theory, if it’s a comlpetely new Magento, the customers and orders should be associated with each other.

You can also have customers created automatically with the Billing Adress data from the Orders (that’s an option in our extension), but you’d have to set up new password for each customer, because the extension doesn’t transder passwords.

Magento Community
Magento Community

smileader

Total Posts:  62

1. Export customer of Ver 1.4.1 to .CSV
2. Create demo any customer of Ver 1.6.0. Then export to .CSV ( Pattern)
3. Edit file .CSV of 1.4.1 the same 1.6.0 and import to 1.6.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

jamesbing

Total Posts:  6

all the tips are good. I can only add one more option of automated import (products, customers and orders) using one service and without software installation. You can find info right here: http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

JeckOrl777

Yes, thats true, Cart2Cart helped me much, i recommend as well!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community