Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Help With Setting Up Payment Gateway

matm00

Total Posts:  24

I’m new to Magento and I need to set it up to accept credit card payments.

My client has a merchant account with their bank and they’re going to send me the details, but I’m not sure what to do or where to start. Can someone give me a rough overview of how this sort of thing normally works?

I notice that there are a number of pre-built payment modules available, but the chances are that there won’t be one for my clients bank (I don’t know which bank it is yet). Any tips on creating payment modules? The only thing I could find was in the wiki and it looked complex!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tabizan

Total Posts:  10

Is it an internet merchant account the customer has ?

Most banks won’t let you do online transactions with an existing merchant account (ie) If he has a swipe machine in the shop/office, they will normally have to get a seperate merchant account only for online/mail order - another excuse for banks to screw you out of another few quid a month.

That’s the case with streamline, not sure how others deal with it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

matm00

I’m still waiting for all the details, but as far as I know they specifically asked for an online merchant account. I’m waiting for them to tell me who they bank with and what information or account details the bank have given them.

I know I’m being pretty vague, but as I’ve not done this before I don’t really know what to expect so I’d be grateful for any information.

Magento Community
Magento Community

matm00

There’s not much traffic here, so I’ve moved my question to the main ‘How Do I?’ board - new thread

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Hi,

I don’t think it’s for the faint hearted.  From my limited understanding of payment modules, you are basically having to interprete the merchant’s api and put that in Magento “speak”. 

There are lots of people writing these, probably best to try to persuade client to swap to one that “works” or hook up with others to build it if possible.

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community

matm00

Thanks birches. That’s as I suspected. If anyone reading this thread is interested in building a payment module let me know. I may be able to allocate a small amount of budget to this.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community