Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

E-commerce website that works like a multi-physical shops gateway

lucaalbini

Total Posts:  3

Hi all,
i would like to cover following requirement with magento: create an e-commerce website where customers can buy products offered by different physical store in different location.

In detail:
1) One website/store where customers are able to see all products.
2) Products are offered from different shop in different location (physical shops)
3) Customer can add in the same cart products offered by different physical shops
4) during checkout, magento should “splits” cart in different orders, one for each physical shops, and asks for related payment and shipping method.

Do you know if there are any FREE extensions that could be combined in order to implement it? Practically my website should works like an e-commerce “gateway” where i can collect/group products from different physical shops and provide them orders based on their preferred shipping/payment method.

Probably i’m asking something similar to Amazon.com website.

Thank you very much,
Luca.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

innoexts

Total Posts:  124

Multi-Warehouse extension can cover your needs. But IT ISN\’T FREE.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lucaalbini

Total Posts:  3

Hi,
Thank you for your answer. I looked at extension details/features and it looks great!

What about payment? is it possible to “pick” payment for each physical shop too?

I saw that i can define multiple warehouse (physical shops for me) and link product to them. So when customer tires to checkout, magento shows shipping methods for each distinct warehouse --> it’s great.

Is it possible also for the payment? I want that payment is directly between customer and physical shop. My gateway website shouldn’t be involved in money transaction.

Best

Magento Community
Magento Community

innoexts

Total Posts:  124

Hi,
Unfortunately payment methods are common for all warehouses.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community