Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
State drop down not showing in Checkout

srchurchill

Total Posts:  3

Hi

I have seen this posted on many older versions, but I have just upgraded to 1.7 in the past few days. Everything seems to be working fine, apart from the State Dropdown is not being displayed on the checkout page. See the screen shot attached.

If this is an old issue, is there a quick fix?
Is anybody else experiencing this issue with 1.7?
Please can somebody help?!

Thanks

Stuart

Image Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-04-29 at 15.07.12.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

digitalpur

Düsseldorf

Hello Stuart,

I think that’s a problem with javascript (prototype).
Eventually, the Javascript Files are old or javascript missing a pair of files.

Magento Community
Magento Community

amro81

Total Posts:  7

super, very nice

Magento Community
Magento Community

digitalpur

Düsseldorf

Hello Stuart,

I have just checked. We had a week ago, similar case with a customer.

We have just overwritten the persistent folder in his template.

And then it works great. But do not forget to first make a backup.

Check your Files (persistent or checkout) \app\design\frontend\default\[your Theme]\template
Some files are missing there.

Have a nice weekend

E.Hassan
DIGITALPUR

Magento Community
Magento Community

uri5

Total Posts:  9

I recently updated from 1.6.2 to 1.7 and now the state dropdown menu is not showing on magentos ‘onepage’ checkout.

I have been searching for others with this issue for a week and just found your recent report.  Thank you for posting it- I hope to follow this thread through to someone finding a solution.  I tried what you said and was unable to fix the problem this time around.

My Session Log says:

2012-05-06T19:59:49+00:00 DEBUG (7): Controller Predispatch dispatched…
2012-05-06T20:08:30+00:00 DEBUG (7): Controller Predispatch dispatched…
2012-05-06T20:28:07+00:00 DEBUG (7): Controller Predispatch dispatched…
2012-05-06T20:28:31+00:00 DEBUG (7): Controller Predispatch dispatched…
2012-05-06T20:28:33+00:00 ERR (3): Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/sfg/public_html/lib/Varien/Image/Adapter/Gd2.php on line 453
2012-05-06T20:28:33+00:00 ERR (3): Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/sfg/public_html/lib/Varien/Image/Adapter/Gd2.php on line 474
2012-05-06T20:28:34+00:00 ERR (3): Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/sfg/public_html/lib/Varien/Image/Adapter/Gd2.php on line 453
2012-05-06T20:28:34+00:00 ERR (3): Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/sfg/public_html/lib/Varien/Image/Adapter/Gd2.php on line 474
2012-05-06T20:28:34+00:00 ERR (3): Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/sfg/public_html/lib/Varien/Image/Adapter/Gd2.php on line 453
2012-05-06T20:28:34+00:00 ERR (3): Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/sfg/public_html/lib/Varien/Image/Adapter/Gd2.php on line 474

The above ERROR, “A non well formed numeric value encountered...” just showed up after trying your suggestion and re-installing default zend stuff in the magento connect panel and also the js prototype stuff.

Please feel free to post the above report on the thread.

Thank you.

Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

digitalpur

Düsseldorf

Hello Mike,

There are many possible reasons why this error occurs.

The Error “ERR (3): Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in “ means, The numeric value contains some additional characters (newline, tab, etc.).

Maybe it is a Memory Problem. or a Bug

This Link could help you:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue/?issue=10305

You can send too your Error log. Maybe I can see where the error is.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chris Czyzewicz

Total Posts:  1

I don\’t know if this is the error you have, but when I loaded the checkout/onepage page, I was getting the same problem with the State dropdown.  I had a firebug error that said countryRegions had not been defined.  I looked in onepage.phtml in the new version, and this line that I had in the old onepage.phtml was missing:

<script type=\"text/javascript\">countryRegions <?php echo $this->helper(\'directory\')->getRegionJson() ?></script>

It goes at the top with these lines:

<script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"<?php echo $this->getJsUrl(\'varien/accordion.js\') ?>\"></script>
<script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"<?php echo $this->getSkinUrl(\'js/opcheckout.js\') ?>\"></script>
<script type=\"text/javascript\">countryRegions <?php echo $this->helper(\'directory\')->getRegionJson() ?></script>

That might have been something I manually did before or who knows, but adding that line in my custom template fixed it for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

uri5

I had the same problem Chris.  I followed your direction and it turned me back on.  And I know for a fact I didn\’t touch the onepage.phtml file before hand.  That line just was NOT there.  Now the onepage checkout shows the states again.

Thanks friend.

Magento Community
Magento Community

idrivetoofast123

Total Posts:  17

Just want to say thanks. This was killing me. A lot of hours spent trying to fix it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

uri5

I still have a major problem with Magento onepage checkout.  The default payment methods are not showing up and I was wondering if they might somehow be related.

Magento Community
Magento Community

juliang4321

Total Posts:  4

Chris Czyzewicz - 09 May 2012 04:21 PM

I don\’t know if this is the error you have, but when I loaded the checkout/onepage page, I was getting the same problem with the State dropdown.  I had a firebug error that said countryRegions had not been defined.  I looked in onepage.phtml in the new version, and this line that I had in the old onepage.phtml was missing:

It goes at the top with these lines:
<script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"<?php echo $this->getJsUrl(\'varien/accordion.js\') ?>\"></script>
<script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"<?php echo $this->getSkinUrl(\'js/opcheckout.js\') ?>\"></script>

That might have been something I manually did before or who knows, but adding that line in my custom template fixed it for me.

I had to modify the code a bit to work on mine. Try this one if the above does not work.

<script type="text/javascript"countryRegions <?php echo $this->helper('directory')->getRegionJson() ?></script>

Magento Community
Magento Community

gurnav

Total Posts:  2
Minneapolis, MN

Wow, I had this same issue with 1.7. The template that I purchased which was originally built for 1.6+ didnt work with 1.7 Magento version. So I had to revert the Magento version to 1.6 so that the template would be compatible and viola the State worked flawlessly.

I would like to upgrade to 1.7 Magento version and with the help in this thread will hopefully fix the State field not showing up issue.

Since I am new to Magento, how to I downgrade the install to 1.6 incase the upgrade causes me more grief. I read about BACKUP your site, Is there an option for Backup the complete site and restore later if need be. Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

uri5

i agree with this one:

<script type="text/javascript"> countryRegions = <?php echo $this->helper('directory')->getRegionJson() ?></script>

I had to use that after upgrading to 1.71

Magento Community
Magento Community

uri5

Similar to the broken states drop down menu missing, I find that the recaptcha is missing from the onepage new customer registration in 1.71 ce.  I have no explanation for this and am unfortunately not a programmer at this point.  Does anyone reading this think it could be something to do with an older template incompatibility? 

I tried turning on all the different default templates and with each one the captcha field on the checkout new customer registration page failed to show up.

The captcha shows up just fine on signup page outside of onepage checkout mode.  I see how many customers I lost now.  So, many people who abandoned the checkout page.  Thank you Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

baune73

Total Posts:  4

I had the same problem and thanks to Chris as his post helped my get this fixed. I did have to modify the code to remove the forward slash “/” in a few places for it to work for me.

Here is the code that what worked for me.

<script type="text/javascript">countryRegions = <?php echo $this->helper('directory')->getRegionJson() ?></script>

I added it at the top of the file:  /app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage.phtml

<div class="page-title">
<h1><?php echo $this->__('Checkout') ?></h1>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->getJsUrl('varien/accordion.js') ?>"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->getSkinUrl('js/opcheckout.js') ?>"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">countryRegions = <?php echo $this->helper('directory')->getRegionJson() ?></script>

Magento Community
Magento Community

Colt McCormack

Total Posts:  21
North Texas

I too can confirm that adding that bit of code fixed the issue. As far as I can tell it was only appearing on IE with a documents mode of IE 8, 7, 6, or Quirks. IE 9 Standards worked fine. Would really like to see this get fixed officially in the next version.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2