Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[solved] Fatal error whenn adding product to cart: Undefined class constant ‘TYPE_BILLING’

ConFX

Total Posts:  37

Hi @ll,

first it seemed that everything went well during the upgrade from 1.6.2 to 1.7.0.
But during my tests I found out that adding an article to the cart leads to this error:

Fatal errorUndefined class constant 'TYPE_BILLING' in [...]/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote.php on line 547

Adding the lines

const TYPE_BILLING  'billing';
    const 
TYPE_SHIPPING 'shipping';
to the file /app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address.php (the lines were the in version 1.6.0) didn’t help ...

Any ideas?

ConFX

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bnice

Total Posts:  15

I’ve added local files from an old installation to prevent telephone being a required field during checkout. When I’ve deleted that files everything went normal.

This modification was made once following the steps shown here: http://reinoud.net/2011/03/magento-removing-mandatory-validation-of-telephone-field and on several other descriptions. Maybe I had to be more careful overriding core files with old revisions of local files.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ConFX

Total Posts:  37

Hi bnice,

thanks for your response. This was exactly the proble I had, too!

Greetings,
ConFX

Magento Community
Magento Community

dustinboling

Total Posts:  3

Thank you! I had done the same.

I deleted the file located at:
app/code/local/Mage/Customer/Model/Address/Abstract.php

and all works as normal now. Though, the phone number is now being required again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

freesh

Total Posts:  7

Ahhhh thank you smile That was my problem too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

klistrian

Total Posts:  42

Same thing here. After upgrading to 1.7.0.2 it gave me a http 500 when adding a product to the shopping cart. Removing abstract fixed it.

Then I copied over a new abstract.php from the 1.7 core code and did the same fix in that code. Success!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community