Magento Forum

Image Sizes

Baybee

Total Posts:  61

Images are coming up (finally).  Now, how do I control the sizes of the images?  For instance, I’d like my thumbnails to stay in “aspect” so the images dont look distorted.  And the product image on the product page I’d like to have it fit into the area provided for viewing and if the customer would like to zoom in, then they can, but they start off viewing the entire item.

I’m so new to Magento.  I have been running OScommerce or Creloaded for over 6 years now… so, learning something new like this is a little difficult.  But I so greatly appreciate your help.  The non-support of Creloaded is why I am in search of another ecommerce solution for my websites.

Also, how do I keep my images, when I upload them for the 3 product images to stop renaming the file with a _# and then I have 3 differently named image files of the same exact image.  Shouldnt it just use one image and if it is the same either use the one already there or overwrite?

As for the product descriptions… is there coding used in the box for the desriptions,like HTML or something that will for example put a space between each line of the description or bold something?

Thanks much!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Electric-dsctc

Total Posts:  35

Hi there Baybee
maybe this post can help you out with some of the images thing..
I’m dealing with some images issues myself too wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

Baybee

Total Posts:  61

Thanks ... will have a look into all that.  Appreciate the guidance!

smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community